Plastic Spartan Prototypes on Ebay (1 Viewer)

From what I,ve read on another board that is Conte himself putting those proto,s on ebay.
Gary

From what I,ve read on another board that is Conte himself putting those proto,s on ebay.
Gary

Gary would you be good enough to tell us which board and it doesn't make sense to me that it's RC whose placing the photos on e-bay and that there's bidding going on when the sets are due to be shipping both to the retailers and indivdual costomers with in the next month. Seems like once again someones placing RC's head on the chopping block............The Lt.

Good point, Lt, the seller's ID is "beaugestecollectibles", which doesn't necessarily indicate that it's Mr. Conte.

As far as a price is concerned, if these are prototypes, that implies that there is a limited number of them, perhaps even only one of each. As collectibles go, that can tend to make them more valuable in and of themselves.

Are these prototypes, in the sense of "masters", or a limited-run test pressing? Or is it something else altogether?

Prost!
Brad

Seems like once again someones placing RC's head on the chopping block............The Lt.[/QUOTE]

YES Lt. someone is putting his head on the chopping block, RC himself, i have purchased from Beaugeste and all deliveries come from Conte Las Vegas, also if you read one of his other auctions, i think the Timpo Swoppet Romans, he states that these are the best swoppets ever made, that is until THEY receive their OWN spartand swoppets in August,

Also if you read one of the spartan auctions it says the winning bidder can have RC autograph the bottom of the figures of they want,

these are "just the facts jack" oops, think i miss quoted that old cop who from the 60's, dragnet i believe lol, sorry about that, is it "just the facts jack" or 'just the facts ma'am" either way no matter, just adding some humour, nothing negative at all

Last edited:
Seems like once again someones placing RC's head on the chopping block............The Lt.

YES Lt. someone is putting his head on the chopping block, RC himself, i have purchased from Beaugeste and all deliveries come from Conte Las Vegas, also if you read one of his other auctions, i think the Timpo Swoppet Romans, he states that these are the best swoppets ever made, that is until THEY receive their OWN spartand swoppets in August,

Also if you read one of the spartan auctions it says the winning bidder can have RC autograph the bottom of the figures of they want,

these are "just the facts jack" oops, think i miss quoted that old cop who from the 60's, dragnet i believe lol, sorry about that, is it "just the facts jack" or 'just the facts ma'am" either way no matter, just adding some humour, nothing negative at all[/QUOTE]

You learn something every day and thanks for the lesson dog soldier I should have read the discription of them that was posted on ebay....The Lt.

Good point, Lt, the seller's ID is "beaugestecollectibles", which doesn't necessarily indicate that it's Mr. Conte.

As far as a price is concerned, if these are prototypes, that implies that there is a limited number of them, perhaps even only one of each. As collectibles go, that can tend to make them more valuable in and of themselves.

Are these prototypes, in the sense of "masters", or a limited-run test pressing? Or is it something else altogether?

Prost!
Brad
Yes from the descriptions I conclude they are being sold by Conte because of collector demand. Nothing wrong with that, I wish them well.

The value of any thing is what someone is willing to pay. Obviously someone would pay more of these very limited editions, especially if autographed. While that suggests a premium, they are now priced at more than the value to me. I would prefer to have the much lower priced full release sets. Each to his own and someone will get some nice items here.

Interesting reading. People have to be crazy to get that stuff but hey more power to them. I will have to look up the site for laughs and giggles.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back