Please do Romans!!!!! (1 Viewer)

Jagdpanther

2nd Lieutenant
I think the title says it all....:) But seriously I collect the Crusades and they are beautiful, no doubt if FL did Romans they would be just has nice....

I think they would do an amazing job with Romans. And throw in a couple of gladiators too.

I think the title says it all....:) But seriously I collect the Crusades and they are beautiful, no doubt if FL did Romans they would be just has nice....

Veni vidi vici; victis honor.;) I am certainly up for them, although it could pose a serios challenge to the budget.:eek::D

I agree 100% ;) I think that would be just as nice if not better then :D

Veni vidi vici; victis honor.;) I am certainly up for them, although it could pose a serios challenge to the budget.:eek::D

WOW!! Looks like I have started a movement!! :D Relax my fine Legatus- we can go on campaign of sacking and pillaging to cover the costs of these figures :D

In all seriousness, I am setting aside money each month on the hope that they jump into Rome. In fact, I am setting aside half my budget each month. The other half is going to Figarti Iraq series- and some East of India Romans.

I would be happy if anyone did Romans at this point. I would have to imagine they would sell good. Just seems like there are no manufacturers that want to take the chance.

I'll add my vote to this. I saw some lovely Russian-made Romans recently in London, but didn't fancy spending £100 - 150 per figure.

I'll add my vote to this. I saw some lovely Russian-made Romans recently in London, but didn't fancy spending £100 - 150 per figure.

You bring up a very interesting point , I have collected connoisseur figures for years.. some made in Russia and some not . When I first joined this forum I used to try share and my finding of First Legion with fellow collectors who have an interest in Matte figures in and around 54MM . Not trying to troll Just trying to share the good news ;) I for one want to have the best collection I can afford .

I think First Legion have bridged the gap between very expensive figures 100-155 or more and the cheaply made mainstream figures coming out of Asia costing around 30-40 dollars . They have certainly caused Aeroart to take notice and they (Aeroart) have formed a partnership with Figarti to produce a Connoisseur level figure in Asia . Hey produce a almost connoisseur level figure in Asia for 1/3 the cost... I think that's a GREAT Idea and so did the founders of First Legion over 3 years ago ;);).

I think that First legion have really taken a lot of business from the High end manufactures and are also giving collectors used to collecting others a chance at a quality of figure most have thought out of there price range .

I'm not saying that First Legion figures are better painted then a Russian Connoisseur figure but at a cost below 1/3 its a lot easier for most to take and a real value for money . I can say that I have several complete lines from Aeroart and they are some of my favorite figures but they are made mostly to be stand alone figures or for a very small scene .
First Legion produce full lines of units with enough different poses to make some beautiful displays , and from units I find appealing :) I'm collecting the full Napoleonic line , Stalingrad and the Crusaders line . If they do a line based on Rome I will do my best to collect that as well :eek: ;):eek:
So I guess I'm saying if your looking for a figure that is WELL RESEARCHED , Sculpted and Painted at a cost well well below Russian made figures I think you cant go wrong with giving First Legion a try .
Happy collecting Gebhard

...They have certainly caused Aeroart to take notice....

Not really sure I agree with you. The only line I see the 2 companies competing is the Napolenic. FL's offerings for Crusdaers and Samurai are limited when compared to St Pete. FL does that wonderful WW2,ACW and AWI line which St. Pete really isn't doing.

Now, FL tackles Rome, starts to expand on Crusaders and Samurai, then yeah, I agree. No, I think the alliance is more a function of St. Pete realizing that companies like FL are encroaching on their niche and that $165 single figures isn't going to work.

Just my thoughts. :)

Originally Posted by Gebhard View Post
...They have certainly caused Aeroart to take notice....

Not really sure I agree with you . I think the alliance is more a function of St. Pete realizing that companies like FL are encroaching on their niche and that $165 single figures isn't going to work.

Ok .. Isn't that what I said :confused: My friend I think we agree ,, Believe me they are not going to wait till FL tackles Rome, starts to expand on Crusaders and Samurai to make a move ..it takes time to get the ball rolling .. Also think about this Aeroart release one pose and repaint it several times see link http://www.aeroartinc.com/st-petersburg-collection/age-of-chivalry/crusades-1000-1400-ad.html figures 5159 to 6108.4 just to name a few. First Legion release units of 20 or 30 different poses .Also Aeroart have been doing it since about 1992 .. First Legion 3 years . I'm not knocking Aeroart Mr Thor is a GREAT guy and has some of the best figures ever IMO . I have been collecting St Pete/Aeroart long before there was a First Legion and will continue to do so . He is a very smart business man and well aware of FL , I buy from him at every show I attend and then go see Mr George for a few First Legion duplicates :) . I have personally talked to him several times about what First Legion are doing and he is a fan ... All the best and Bring on those Romans :D Gebhard

Isn't that what I said :confused: My friend I think we agree All the best and Bring on those Romans :D Gebhard

Something I probably lost in translation- :D I believe we agree as well.

LET'S GO FL- ASSEMBLE ON THE FIELD OF MARS!! :D:D

.... The only line I see the 2 companies competing is the Napolenic. FL's offerings for Crusdaers and Samurai are limited when compared to St Pete. FL does that wonderful WW2,ACW and AWI line which St. Pete really isn't doing.

Now, FL tackles Rome, starts to expand on Crusaders and Samurai, then yeah, I agree. No, I think the alliance is more a function of St. Pete realizing that companies like FL are encroaching on their niche and that $165 single figures isn't going to work.

Actually at present, there isn't much competition between the two in Napoleonics. FL offers a full line of several of the main belligerents, including a number that AeroArt has never done. AeroArt has some beautiful pieces in very stylized poses but only a one or a few for each unit, most of which are listed as soldout. FL offers many pieces for each unit it undertakes, most of which are in dynamic combat poses. Interestingly, many of the AeroArt mounted pieces are $375 or more and the horses are a not generally as well sculpted as the FL ones. Just compare the mounted Wellington pieces. Beyond the price, they really are rather different products for this period.

Who knows what the alliance will produce but if it is Figarti sculpting with AeroArt painting it wouldn't offer much for me. The other way around, with some more interesting poses could be much more interesting but we shall have to wait and see.

Actually at present, there isn't much competition between the two in Napoleonics.

agree 100%- AA's poses for Naps looks like a bunch of beautiful but overdressed guys just standing around unfortunately. I left this out from my initial post- FL clearly offers more for the Naps collector- my point was more along the lines that both companies offer naps.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back