Polish Lancer (1 Viewer)

spartan71

Sergeant Major
I just received the Polish Lancer (shooting), And Overall it is Greatly done!!.
The features are greatly accented in the figures(striping,lettering),. my next one would be the Flagbearer, which I think would be the best one out of all.
The Only thing that I see, that could have been done differently. would have been. Putting a semi-gloss finish instead of a dull coat finish. with the WWII collection, pretty much it is camoulflauge. So it has to be subdued. With the Napoleonic Collection, it has to be vibrant/ bright. Because all the soldiers then, wanted their gallantry to be shown in their uniforms. Just a suggestion of course.

I received mine a while back and had a couple of suggestions. Maybe I was just the lucky one. Two out of eight of my figures were broken - which may have been the manufacture or the packaging. The horses tail on one set was cleanly broken off and both arms of flagbearer were off - as in not glued on.
I was also some what disappointed that the riders were attached to their mounts? I had figured on being able to remove the riders. All in all spectacular figures. Love the detailing, the action and the overall appeal. Maybe just a little more thought into how tightly they are packed. Cheers, ssorc1

I received mine a while back and had a couple of suggestions. Maybe I was just the lucky one. Two out of eight of my figures were broken - which may have been the manufacture or the packaging. The horses tail on one set was cleanly broken off and both arms of flagbearer were off - as in not glued on.
I was also some what disappointed that the riders were attached to their mounts? I had figured on being able to remove the riders. All in all spectacular figures. Love the detailing, the action and the overall appeal. Maybe just a little more thought into how tightly they are packed. Cheers, ssorc1

Regretfully the tails of the horses were too close to the sides of the box, we have heard about this, so we're on it: boxes to be 2-3CM wider for mounted figures in the future.

Removable riders? Hmm not heard of that one yet but neat idea.

Yes they have sold super well, 50 sets remaining out of 300 of each just six weeks ago: absolutely the most successful release to date, thanks everyone for the near sell-out product. I took my sets home last night before they all dissappear.

If any customer has a problem with any Lancer and wants a fix or a swap out just drop us a note and we'll pick it up and rush a new one out.

Tally Ho!!

Brian

Hey Brian,

Thanks for the reply. The packing to me seemed to have been the problem. Very well protected figures, but very tight. I'm sure that hundreds shipped fine, it was just my luck to have not one but two broken on delivery. Saddest day ever now that I have to ship them back to my dealer for replacement. My shelves will seem very empty. I still haven't had the heart to send them back. As for the arms on the flagbearer I can only suggest the same problem. Typically metal figures don't release from the mounts but as an addition to being creative it would be very cool to be able to "mix and match" horses and riders for some extra diorama variation. Plug arms and heads could also be cool. But no complaints from me, these figures are the finest Napoleonic figures to come out in my opinion. I was always a Napoleonic collector first and there have been some good figures but nothing like this. These Lancers have brought back my interest in the period and in collecting them again. I look forward to many, many more in the future and I will be buying them all - I only hope I'll have better luck with my shipments. Keep up the amazing work and whenever you get the time let me know and I'll be happy to put an article together for you guys. Cheers, ssorc1

Hey Brian,

Thanks for the reply. The packing to me seemed to have been the problem. Very well protected figures, but very tight. I'm sure that hundreds shipped fine, it was just my luck to have not one but two broken on delivery. Saddest day ever now that I have to ship them back to my dealer for replacement. My shelves will seem very empty. I still haven't had the heart to send them back. As for the arms on the flagbearer I can only suggest the same problem. Typically metal figures don't release from the mounts but as an addition to being creative it would be very cool to be able to "mix and match" horses and riders for some extra diorama variation. Plug arms and heads could also be cool. But no complaints from me, these figures are the finest Napoleonic figures to come out in my opinion. I was always a Napoleonic collector first and there have been some good figures but nothing like this. These Lancers have brought back my interest in the period and in collecting them again. I look forward to many, many more in the future and I will be buying them all - I only hope I'll have better luck with my shipments. Keep up the amazing work and whenever you get the time let me know and I'll be happy to put an article together for you guys. Cheers, ssorc1

Good to hear it! Ya we got a ton of good feedback on the even with the few problems. But now we know, a bit more space in the box should do it.

Cheers!

Brian

Regretfully the tails of the horses were too close to the sides of the box, we have heard about this, so we're on it: boxes to be 2-3CM wider for mounted figures in the future.

Removable riders? Hmm not heard of that one yet but neat idea.

Yes they have sold super well, 50 sets remaining out of 300 of each just six weeks ago: absolutely the most successful release to date, thanks everyone for the near sell-out product. I took my sets home last night before they all dissappear.

If any customer has a problem with any Lancer and wants a fix or a swap out just drop us a note and we'll pick it up and rush a new one out.

Tally Ho!!

Brian
Regarding removable riders: I have an older King and Country ACW piece, General Burnside. He is removable from his horse. So, there is relatively recent precedent, in another line at least. Chris

Regarding removable riders: I have an older King and Country ACW piece, General Burnside. He is removable from his horse. So, there is relatively recent precedent, in another line at least. Chris

Pretty much every rider and horse has always been issued seperately in the Britains lineup (post 1966 that is)

Pretty much every rider and horse has always been issued seperately in the Britains lineup (post 1966 that is)

Does "issued seperately [sic]" mean removable????? I have never seen a Britain cavalry piece with a removable rider. What am I missing here?

I have several Britains WW1 cavalry and they are all two piece issues, ie., horse and rider are seperate. I also have Frontline 11th Hussars that are two piece issues. Britains also issued a Crimean cavalry line with two pieces. -- lancer

Here are some examples

Attachments

• 36016_separate.jpeg
    36016_separate.jpeg
    16.5 KB · Views: 118
  • 44019_separate.jpeg
    44019_separate.jpeg
    18 KB · Views: 117
Am I ever glad that an offhanded comment of mine has got some ideas moving that I can appreciate. CS is the perfect company to do removable riders, especially with the incredible action and detail they build in. I must admit that I had no idea that the Polish Lancers were not removable, I just assumed they were when I ordered them. Didn't disappoint me in any way when I removed them from their boxes, but I kept thinking that it would be incredible as a "diorama" guy if they were. That way with 8 horse and 8 riders I could create slight variations and expand my cavalry charge. It obviously works from a manufacturing standpoint as we can see in Britfarmers examples and I'm sure we all own figures that allow us to separate the riders from the horses. It would really be up to Brian and the CS guys to work it out. I'm already sold on the figures and the quality, having the addition of removable riders would just be a huge plus in my opinion. In fact Brian could go back and rerelease all the mounted figures that way. I'd buy them. Next up plug heads. Cheers, ssorc1

I have several Britains WW1 cavalry and they are all two piece issues, ie., horse and rider are seperate. I also have Frontline 11th Hussars that are two piece issues. Britains also issued a Crimean cavalry line with two pieces. -- lancer

Thanks for educating me on WBritain pieces. I had no idea. Are these recent releases or golden oldies? Thanks, Chris

John Jenkins Virginia Province Horsemen (and also other JJD riders) are removable from the horse.
I think it's the best solution for nigh quality figures.

Roberto

John Jenkins Virginia Province Horsemen (and also other JJD riders) are removable from the horse.
I think it's the best solution for nigh quality figures.

Roberto

I am learning a lot from this thread. Why are removable soldiers better? Can you switch them to different horses? Thanks again for helping this novice learn more. Plus, I learned how to spell "removable." Chris.

Scott, all of my WB (First Gear) ACW mounted figures are one piece - figures attached to their horses.
Mike

I am learning a lot from this thread. Why are removable soldiers better? Can you switch them to different horses? Thanks again for helping this novice learn more. Plus, I learned how to spell "removable." Chris.
I think it is a mixed bag. In theory, separate riders would be transferable between horses but that is tricky to pull off with metal since you have to be dead accurate with the molds of each horse and each riders lower half to make that work. I have a bunch of Schleich and BBI plastic knights where that works well. It is a lot easier with plastic with the flex in the material of the figures. Also, despite the necessary pin on the saddle, it is also hard to make sure the riders fit well and do not fall off with the slightest touch or even sonic boom. Of course, neither rider or horse look right unmounted. I must confess I have not seen any of the removable Britains mounted figures. Perhaps they solved some of these issues but does anyone have a photo showing them placed on different horses than they came with? To me, that is the only utility of this approach.

Thanks for educating me on WBritain pieces. I had no idea. Are these recent releases or golden oldies? Thanks, Chris

Hi Chris. I am not sure of release dates, but the Britains are all pretty recent. The WW1 (British, French, and German) are all matte sets done in the past couple of years. The Crimean releases are gloss from the VC series which are just a few years older. The Frontline 11th Hussars are glossy and from an older series (mid '90's?) but I believe are still being made. All the sets, glossy and matte, are outstanding in fit and finish. The John Jenkins sets that have been done, such as Montcalm, Braddock, and Orme are also superior in quality. No way to lose with these sets. -- Al

Users who are viewing this thread

Back