Polizei ADG2 Armoured Car Winter (1 Viewer)

1st Rifle Brigade

Private 2
I was really looking forward to the release of the Battle of the Bulge German walking machine gun team, but to my horror with dispatches today, they are only going to be available with the winter version of the Polizei ADG2 armoured car.

I had hoped to buy them on their own to go with other Battle of the Bulge figures and vehicles that I have, but I'm not really interested in that particular vehicle and did it even make an appearance in the Battle of the Bulge???

The price tag of $180 seem's a bit steep for two figures, and a vehicle that would stay in the box. Not to mention that it is going to be limited edition.

I would hope in the future that Andy would consider releasing these really great figures on their own and make this collector really happy.

I agree with you. You could purchase and sell just the vehicle on Ebay, although you may be hard pressed to get a good return on it at that price.

I was really looking forward to the release of the Battle of the Bulge German walking machine gun team, but to my horror with dispatches today, they are only going to be available with the winter version of the Polizei ADG2 armoured car.

I had hoped to buy them on their own to go with other Battle of the Bulge figures and vehicles that I have, but I'm not really interested in that particular vehicle and did it even make an appearance in the Battle of the Bulge???

The price tag of $180 seem's a bit steep for two figures, and a vehicle that would stay in the box. Not to mention that it is going to be limited edition.

I would hope in the future that Andy would consider releasing these really great figures on their own and make this collector really happy.

Good call - I totally agree with you, the vehicle did not serve in the BotB, but you could put it with the BotB Elefant and the Skorzeny command car which also did not also feature in the battle.

I have all the BotB sets and think the figures are great but will not buy this set, price is too high [$296 in the United Kingdom] and the vehicle did not take part in the battle

Good call - I totally agree with you, the vehicle did not serve in the BotB, but you could put it with the BotB Elefant and the Skorzeny command car which also did not also feature in the battle.

I have all the BotB sets and think the figures are great but will not buy this set, price is too high [$296 in the United Kingdom] and the vehicle did not take part in the battle

I did not like this release when it was released in the FOB range 2 years ago . The figures are nice but the vehicle so so . A bit pricey for a vehicle that did not take part in the Battle of the Bulge .

Thing is one simply buys the sets one likes. Its not written in stone that should Andy place a vehicle in say BBG that it was there or whatever. I think, Andy sometimes puts sets into different range catagories for convienience rather than historical accuaracy. WSS as a range would be huge if all the vehicles etc were placed into that catagory so, some sets get hived off into other catagories.

The problem is that then people say that was not there or could not have survived until that point of the war when it may be a inventory issue at K&C. Its down to the collector in question how they portray their sets and, it only causes unecessary grief if you rigidly adhere to what I think are business catagories for ease of sale as historical parameters of how to deploy your sets.

I suppose you could look at it that if you get this set which, is Limited to 400 you are getting a low run vehicle and two very low run sets of figures which look very nice.

Thats a win win IMO
Mitch

I thought the ADG2 an odd vehicle to release in its earlier incarnation considering its extremely limited operational service - Danzig in Sep 1939! Its a pity K&C didn't "winterise" some other more suitable vehicle to go withthe MG team such as the Panther or say an Opel Blitz.

Good call - I totally agree with you!
I had the Battle of the Bulge Germantown walking machine gun team certainly bought!

Harrie:(

Hopefully,K&C will see that we want a walking BOB machine gun team. A ten man German infantry squad was build around it and with enough feedback I'll sure it would be considered.Thanks

I like it and cant wait to have next to the rest of my winter sets
Scott

Thing is one simply buys the sets one likes. Its not written in stone that should Andy place a vehicle in say BBG that it was there or whatever. I think, Andy sometimes puts sets into different range catagories for convienience rather than historical accuaracy. WSS as a range would be huge if all the vehicles etc were placed into that catagory so, some sets get hived off into other catagories.

The problem is that then people say that was not there or could not have survived until that point of the war when it may be a inventory issue at K&C. Its down to the collector in question how they portray their sets and, it only causes unecessary grief if you rigidly adhere to what I think are business catagories for ease of sale as historical parameters of how to deploy your sets.

I suppose you could look at it that if you get this set which, is Limited to 400 you are getting a low run vehicle and two very low run sets of figures which look very nice.

Thats a win win IMO
Mitch

I totally agree, people need to lighten up with the whole "historically accurate" view. Just because Andy puts this in his BoB range, doesn't mean you have to use it with your BoB diorama. Use the piece where you see fit, for example, I'm using one of the new 12th SS figures (WS171) in my Kursk Dio.

And, those figures would sit perfectly with the SS units fighting at Kursk
Mitch

I totally agree, people need to lighten up with the whole "historically accurate" view. Just because Andy puts this in his BoB range, doesn't mean you have to use it with your BoB diorama. Use the piece where you see fit, for example, I'm using one of the new 12th SS figures (WS171) in my Kursk Dio.

The Eastern Front AFV collection is one of my largest theatres, even though K&C claims to make almost no AFVs for the Eastern Front. Ironic, as some of those AFVs were only on the eastern front. :rolleyes2: I do not go by the K&C descriptions - they vary from fully accurate to completely off. ^&grin

Terry

i have ordered mine, it will go nice with my other winter Bulge, looks great in white washed colour,

kevin

Can see where you are coming from, look forward to the Kings German Legion in the Sandpit at waterloo blowing away the French line infantry with a MG42 and a mortar.

Re: Little heads up my fellow collectors in the UK never say I do not do you a favor

SP Models have some good oler figure still available at decent prices.

i myself would like to see the figures sold seperate. i have the fob armored car and its an interesting piece but this and the panhard for late war battles like the bulge is a strectch. you could probably use them for the battle of moscow winter of 41/42

HAWKEYE...

Thats what I was saying about terminology and ranges being catagorised by K&C for business reasons rather than historical accuracy. If the range was called winter warfare or similar then this ponderances would not come up.
Mitch

i myself would like to see the figures sold seperate. i have the fob armored car and its an interesting piece but this and the panhard for late war battles like the bulge is a strectch. you could probably use them for the battle of moscow winter of 41/42

HAWKEYE...

Thats what I was saying about terminology and ranges being catagorised by K&C for business reasons rather than historical accuracy. If the range was called winter warfare or similar then this ponderances would not come up.
Mitch

I totally agree with you on that. If KC had more generalized range names, these discussions would not come up. It really makes no difference to me how Andy labels them, if I like it, I'll buy it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back