Popsicle sticks (1 Viewer)

Scott

Major
Fences, floorboards, doors, window shutters, small buildings. Buy the 1000 count box. Easier and cheaper than trying to collect the "used" ones.:)

http://www.michaels.com/art/online/displayProductPage?productNum=kd0331

kd0331d4.jpg

I bought a bag at Walmart. Excellent for small stuff to build. I have used them for ladders, boat stacks, boat masts, windows, benches, tables, etc... Very handy.

Yes, good tip, Scott, they're very useful.

You can get them at Michael's and AC Moore, too, though I haven't seen 1000-count boxes, that's a good find.

Prost!
Brad

Yes, good tip, Scott, they're very useful.

You can get them at Michael's and AC Moore, too, though I haven't seen 1000-count boxes, that's a good find.

Prost!
Brad

I ended up getting a bag load, as a result of a tip from you Brad. I always used to 'splodge' a dollop of paint on the outside of any tin / bottle of paint, as an easy visual guide as to the dried paint colour, but I saw you're popsicle stick paint guide and have been using those now - much better, thank you! Especially where it coms to colour matching paints, being able to lay the sticks next to the colour I want to match up with, is a lot easier than trying to gt a load of paint pots next to each other. Great tip!
Cheers
Simon

The box contains a good number of "seconds" and rejects unfit for frozen treat use. Go for hobbyists though.

I ended up getting a bag load, as a result of a tip from you Brad. I always used to 'splodge' a dollop of paint on the outside of any tin / bottle of paint, as an easy visual guide as to the dried paint colour, but I saw you're popsicle stick paint guide and have been using those now - much better, thank you! Especially where it coms to colour matching paints, being able to lay the sticks next to the colour I want to match up with, is a lot easier than trying to gt a load of paint pots next to each other. Great tip!
Cheers
Simon

Hello, Simon, thanks for the compliment, but I can't take credit for that idea, I think that was Randy's (polarbear) tip. I do as you do, I mark the top of the lid, because I keep my jars of paint in old cookie tins on the bench. But I'm with you, I like the idea, it's especially good if you mix custom batches of paint.

Prost!
Brad

I've remembered another detail they can be used for, though it's a little tedious work. The rounded ends can be used as roofing tiles, such as could be found on houses in many areas of Europe in the past hundred years or so. If you use the sticks for floor boards, and cut off the ends, cut them a little above the rounded end, maybe 1/8 inch or so, and save them.

Prost!
Brad

I like the sticks better when there is ice cream or ice on them :)

I use them all the time on projects and if go to a dollar store you can pick up a ton of them.:D
Nick

Users who are viewing this thread

Back