Possibility for Operation Torch (1 Viewer)

Hi All-

I've been collecting K&C DAK and 8th Army items for a year now and really enjoy and appreciate the many pieces made by K&C. K&C has offered a nice variety of WWII N. African items including the Italians for a unique variation (although I don't own any). I also like the Desert Village (SP) buildings, well, and palms which add a delightful way to create dioramas with K&C's splendid vehicles and figures.

I'm loving each piece; some more than others, and feel that I got lucky finding some retired items from 3rd party sellers. There's a few more that I'm looking for but prices on the "old stuff" are getting very high, esp. for some of the more popular items.

For future releases, I'd personally like to see K&C pursue an Operation Torch sub-theme. Not sure if this idea has been suggested before; I would think that it has, but it seems to be the one area of the N. African campaign which is missing.

In addition, I for one like collections of sets; sort of like how K&C offered the 25 Pounder, Quad, and complimenting figures sold separately. It give one the ability to "add on" to create a larger scene. Relating to Operation Torch; Kasserine Pass, Patton's Entourage, Casablanca Landing, or a simple Desert Outpost would make outstanding collections of sets. There are so many opportunities here and K&C demonstrates its appreciation for feedback from its collectors/fans. I thought I would share mine.

Greatly enjoying my K&C collection,
WesternOutlaw

I agree 100%. I have picked up some K&C 1st inf. from their DD series and the early sherman.These would work well in the North Africa desert. I would like to see some early U.S forces and armor for North Africa.

Really? not a single comment re. an interest in some US troops for N. Africa? :(

Americans in Tunisia are a bit of a dull subject for me. The Germans are the ones who had the interesting force there. The Americans had very obsolete equipment that can be used for Torch & not much else, so it's stamped with mediocrity. A nice Lee or Sherman or Stuart wreck for the Germans to inspect however would be of interest.

The King inspecting the captured Tiger would be cool too

As a collector of DAK I would be interested in an operation torch sub theme but I would really like to see the following as well

DAK 88mm with gun crew and observation point
DAK light anti aircraft plantoon
DAK 37 mm anti -tank gun
DAK FW 190

All would be brill....

I have picked up some K&C 1st inf. from their DD series and the early sherman.These would work well in the North Africa desert
The M3A3 Stuart Light Tank is a fantastic piece.

Americans in Tunisia are a bit of a dull subject for me. The Germans are the ones who had the interesting force there. The Americans had very obsolete equipment that can be used for Torch & not much else, so it's stamped with mediocrity.
The Germans had interesting items in many theaters, but I think the US had just as many neat vehicles as the British. Can probably say the same about most of the desert vehicles not working outside the N. African campaign.

A nice Lee or Sherman or Stuart wreck for the Germans to inspect however would be of interest.
The King inspecting the captured Tiger would be cool too
Neat ideas, but I would also like to see some US vehicles that aren't wrecked.

As a collector of DAK I would be interested in an operation torch sub theme but I would really like to see the following as well
DAK 88mm with gun crew and observation point
DAK light anti aircraft plantoon
DAK 37 mm anti -tank gun
DAK FW 190
Absolutely! Definitely need to expand the N. African campaign including DAK.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back