Preview of the next batch of new products (1 Viewer)

TeamMiniatures

Private 2
On 14 July 1683 the Ottoman Turks arrived before the Habsburg capital The Grand Vizier Kara Mustafa (1) and his party approached the city from the south and were soon on the forward slope of a hill overlooking the city. Ottoman commanders followed the custom of having richly embroidered and fur-lined clothes, which were a mark of rank and of how esteemed the bearer was in the sultan's eyes.
1 (8).JPG
1 (9).JPG

Kara Mustafa, was born in 1634 /1635, an Albanian who was educated as a child in the family of Mehmed Kohlru, and later became the third Grand Vizier of Kohlru's time.

He was also nicknamed "Black Mustafa" because of his dark skin, but he was self-important, ambitious, autocratic, blindly arrogant, and was known to show off. More importantly, Black Mustafa was a megalomaniac who dreamed of becoming a great conqueror known throughout the world. Fervently anti-Christian, he once repeated Bayezid's words that one day St. Peter's Basilica in Rome would be turned into a stable. He also wanted to take Vienna and then invade the Rhine against Louis XIV. In his own mind, although he nominally ruled as a sultan, he was actually a monarch who controlled a large part of Europe. But he proved to be an inferior general, making one mistake after another on the battlefield and squandering the imperial gains of the Coplulus' military talent and increased power......

On July 13, 1683, Mustafa led the main Ottoman army to Vienna, and Charles, Duke of Lorraine, the Christian commander of the battle, sent two-thirds of the Austrian army to Linz on the upper Danube, leaving only a third of the city's troops, and the total defense of Vienna was only about 12,000 men. The Ottoman expeditionary force on the other side totaled 250,000 men, and there were nearly 100,000 troops directly involved in the siege of Vienna! Even if the Ottoman commander was not such a great figure as Suleiman the Great, even a slightly experienced commander would have been able to fight at least a draw, but Mustafa was defeated in the battle of Vienna in 1683......In 1683, the Ottoman army under Mustafa suffered a crushing defeat at the Battle of Vienna. He was executed in Belgrade on 25 December 1683 by the order of Sultan Muhammad IV. But Mustafa's influence was far from over, as the fiasco at the Battle of Vienna wiped out the gains made by the previous two Great Vizylkopru!
1 (1).JPG
1 (2).JPG
1 (3).JPG
1 (4).JPG
1 (5).JPG
1 (6).JPG
1 (7).JPG

Başçavuş officer of third rank, 16th-18th centuries

As a more senior officer, he wears an even more elaborate uniform, including a huge feather plume thrust into the front of his strangely folded Usküf hat. His coat has false sleeves that are so long they are crossed behind his back and then tossed over his shoulders. The almost transparent shirt that hangs beneath his kaftan was reserved for officers of elite units or for those who served close to the Sultan.
1 (12).JPG
1 (11).JPG
1 (10).JPG
1 (13).JPG
1 (14).JPG
1 (15).JPG

Looking forward into seeing the finished product, so I can get it.

Amazing sculpts. Totally agree with Spartan, i want to see them painted and get them into my collection

Any updates n these guys. I am waiting for my dealer to send me tye latest Polish Winged Hussars

I have received all 8 variants of the latest Hussars release. They are very good. With TM, First Legion and one Del Prado figure I have 29 in my Cavalry charge. Definitely need some more Ottoman opposition.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back