Prince Harry in Afghanistan (2 Viewers)

Actually in Talking with Andy about it, he says there's no issues with the royals, don't exactly know how that works, he also said maybe both brothers in dress blues. I would prefer the "field dress" myself, perhaps with his weapon on hip pointing? Considering my understanding is no member of the american congress has a son/daughter serving in theater he represents a true hero, as Pat Tillman, gives up the millions a year to follow his beliefs and face the dangers our countries ask us all to face.
Ray

John McCain has a son in the Marines in Iraq and a son at the US Naval Academy.

Not sure if you mean Afghanistan only when you say theater, but several U.S. Congressmen/Senators have or have had family sons etc serve in the Iraq theater of War.

Jim Webb- Democrat - VA - Son in the Marines in the CZ
Max Baucus- Democrat - MT - lost a nephew in Iraq
Todd Akin -Republican - MO - son in Fallujah, Iraq

There are of course others, so we should be very careful in our comments;).

All these troops do a dangerous job and deserve our thanks, including Prince Harry. Even a few weeks of being in the CZ is more danger than most people will ever knowingly be put in. Also just like to say that there is no "safe" rear echelon areas in this type of warfare.

Don't want to be preachy, just thought you would like to know:).

Best Wishes, Saber

Thank you for clearing that up, I SHOULD know better than to believe what I hear. I should have done my homework, I apologize to all and especially those that serve.
Ray

Ray

Actually - Congressman Duncan Hunter (R-CA) - former Chairman of the House Armed Services Committee - Son / Capt. Duncan D. Hunter, Jr. of the United States Marine Corps. served in Iraq on active duty and fought in both battles Falusia. All this while Rep. Hunter served as Chairman of HASC.

Rep. Duncan Hunter - also was the first Republican elected to Congress (1980) who served in Vietnam. Hunter was a 1st Lt. in the Army Rangers.

Capt. Duncan D. Hunter, Jr. is running for his Father's seat in Congress - Chairman Hunter is retiring this year. Duncan, Jr. Congressional Campaign website is: www.hunterin08.com - This is a fine American Hero.

There has been much misinformation about the Congress and the Iraq War - this is one fact that I think needs to be clear. When I worked for Congressman Hunter - I watched that jerk Michael Moore get this wrong in his book/movie - poor research huh?

Ron

I watched that jerk Michael Moore get this wrong in his book/movie - poor research huh?

Ron

This poor research just seems to crop up everywhere in our busy lives Ron. Sigh......Fantasy Aircraft, Fantasy Uniforms, Fantasy Vehicles, Fantasy Non-Plumes. Where will it all end..??
I do wonder if these new Vunderkinder have the work ethic that used to be such an integral and important prop in our daily existance. Seems like young kids these days expect instant answers to every question they have. Dumb or otherwise. Sigh.....
Why can't they buy a library of books themselves and conduct their own proper research, I wonder. Just seems like laziness to me......Sigh......
So sad......really.

H

Just a pity the media ruined it by exposing things before his tour of duty was up.Damian

Well the media didn't "ruin it" in the sense that part of the reason Harry was allowed to go over there was to glamorize the mission in Afghanistan a bit. The military now has its staged money shot of the Prince blamming away joyfully on that machine gun, which will make for a very nice recruiting poster. The media helped spread that image all over the world. Harry is home safe. I think everyone fulfilled their assigned roles quite well. ;)

Well the media didn't "ruin it" in the sense that part of the reason Harry was allowed to go over there was to glamorize the mission in Afghanistan a bit. The military now has its staged money shot of the Prince blamming away joyfully on that machine gun, which will make for a very nice recruiting poster. The media helped spread that image all over the world. Harry is home safe. I think everyone fulfilled their assigned roles quite well. ;)

You are proabably quite right there Conrad
Regards
Damian \
Manufacturing Consent Noam Chomsky

Users who are viewing this thread

Back