Prussian artillary conversions (2 Viewers)

Nice work there Fish i se you have some CTS Mexican cav i was thinking of picking a set up to paint up as Line Lancers.
I take it the uniforms are close enough? I was going to wait until someone made a set but that that day may never come :rolleyes:.
We need more Cav in plastic i wish TSSD would move into Napoleonics just think what a set of TSSD Scots Greys would be like the mind boggles :D.
Ok enough dreaming back to painting or chopping up some figs.

Thanks guys! I,ve had those guys kicking around the table for awhile now with the hopes of turning them into french line lancers but every time I pick them up to get started I,m disapointed at there quality!:( I got around as far as cutting off the poor looking lances and sticking in metal rods into there hands to make new lances if you can make out a couple in the photo? I,m thinking of new heads from somewhere??? might do the trick but where from? I thought about maybe a metal or plastic kit head and try and make a mold to pour extras or just finish one up as is and see how bad it looks?

We need some good quality napoleonic plastic cavalry! Armies in plastic has a few sets that would not have been to bad had they not done them in 1/35 scale and called them 1/32. They were supposed to be heavy cavalry sets which were LARGE men on LARGE horses and they just look foolish on side of any foot figures that can slap them in the face without even really reaching up to do it????:mad:

I was hoping Hat would do a few new sets now that there going crazy pumping out new 1/32scale Napoleonics. Those would be fun to cut up!:cool:

I,ve got a few more Prussian conversions I still have to get some paint on, mostly wounded figures and a couple of simple head swops but even a simple head swop can take away from the attack of the clones look.
I like the way Hat gives you 6 different marching poses unlike most with only one maybe two. I wish painting wasn,t so time consuming or I,d have some huge marching columns.:cool:
I,ll post some more pictures of the rest of the conversions when I get some paint on them, or maybe even before I do so you can see what I,ve done to them.

Great ideas as usual Tim. I have some hat converted into gunners as well but havent painted any.
I second the Helmet range for conversion parts.
I'm trying to sort out what parts I already have and what I need to do some Dutch Belgian light dragoons and Hussars Cavalry for Waterloo.
Prussian Dragoons in long coats too.Those need lots of work and I just havent taken the time.
Keep thinking about it though!
FUB

New set of BMC Russians out might be worth buying just for the Cannon and a few Artillery poses.
They might be big however if they are anything like there Crusades and Viking sets.
Not sure but they might be knock-offs from one of the Metal lines?

The BMC Napoleonic Russians LOOK like knock off's of King and Country but I have not investigated. The artillery crew figs reminded me of KC anyway.
Certainly look like the droopy pvc plastic and Probably too big anyway.
Fub

Great ideas as usual Tim. I have some hat converted into gunners as well but havent painted any.
I second the Helmet range for conversion parts.
I'm trying to sort out what parts I already have and what I need to do some Dutch Belgian light dragoons and Hussars Cavalry for Waterloo.
Prussian Dragoons in long coats too.Those need lots of work and I just havent taken the time.
Keep thinking about it though!
FUB

Thanks Harold! Did you do another big Napoleonic Waterloo set up for June 18th??? Any pics???:cool:
Post some pics when you get those conversions done. As far as the Helmet kits, I,m aware of them and even dug up a kit from ebay once but the over seas shipping just dosn,t make these kits worth while for me. That said I like the stuff but to pricey with the shipping for me.

I,ve been sick for about a week now with Strep throat so I haven,t done much of anything but before I got sick I started on a few more Hat Prussian conversions and getting some more ready for painting. They need to do some wounded figures, so I had to do my own and some running figures ect... I also did another artillery figure, he,s holding a charge remover I scratch built from some fine wire and 2 part putty. It didn,t come out as well as I hoped, it was more tricky then I thought it would be making the fine wire charge remover. here are some pics!
019-1.jpg

022.jpg

013-1.jpg

055.jpg

068.jpg

069-1.jpg

052.jpg

079.jpg

Tim...

Great work on the conversions...I know once they are painted they will look really cool...

the fellow with the "charge remover"...brilliant...great improvisation...:cool:

I finally got some paint on the rest of my Hat Prussian conversions, here they are.
160.jpg

059.jpg

063.jpg

080-1.jpg

095.jpg

103.jpg

106-2.jpg

105-1.jpg

109.jpg

Very nice paintwork Fish :cool: im working on some of those Prussian's made by "Waterloo 1815".
I got two officers on a horses in the one box is that norm...or did they make a mistake :confused:

Fish...the paint job on your Prussians turned out really good...the artillery crew looks amazing...

Really nice. I was wondering about adding casualties from this series to my armies. Thanks for the inspiration.

You've been a busy guy lately Tim, great work on those Landwehr conversions, wow.

Also, love the color you used on the new mat, it looks great................

A few more Hat Prussian conversions still in the ruff stages.
I also tried to add a few mustaches with 2 part putty to a few and added some Hat Prussian heads onto some Prussian figures made by a company called Waterloo. I think the Hat heads look better, I,m not crazy about the shakos on the Waterloo figures.

I used parts from various figures along with 2 part putty to do the other conversions.
006-1.jpg

055-1.jpg

015.jpg

019-2.jpg

025.jpg

028.jpg

033.jpg

Artillery crews rarely have the pushing pulling guys. (Rarely have the right drill guys as well) I like the Hurrah guy.

I painted up a few more Hat prussian conversions I,ve been working on. I add a pipe to the mouth of the guy waving his hat and added some smoke coming out of it with a small piece of cotton. I scratch built the pipe from a small piece of wire and some 2 part putty.
014-1.jpg

015-1.jpg

020-2.jpg

Next are the cannon moving pair all painted up, I gave these guys mustaches from 2 part putty. I also made another guy holding a ramrod, he was made from a waterloo loading pose with a new Hat head and the musket removed and a new ramrod made from wire and 2 part putty.
026.jpg

023-1.jpg

This next figure was made from Conte WWII GI parts mixed with Hat Prussian parts. The legs and left arm are from one GI and the head was from another with its helmet removed and hair made from 2 part putty, The other arm and torso and hat were cut from a Hat prussian figure. I had to also rework a bit of detail with 2 part putty but I,m happy with the way the pose came out.
028-1.jpg

032-4.jpg

This next figure with the wounded leg was made from legs from a TSSD cavalry figure and a Hat torso with a head from a Gaul warrior figure, I had to scratch build the hand on the leg. This was a tricky conversion to get right but I,m happy with the way it turned out. The other figure in the photo I,m not all that crazy about how the pose turned out for the amount of work I put into it.
039-1.jpg

033-1.jpg

Fish

you should get these photos onto the hat website as well

Excellent project work

Regards
9th

Fish

you should get these photos onto the hat website as well

Excellent project work

Regards
9th

Thanks Dave! There dosn,t seam to be much interest in 1/32scale figures over at the Hat site? I posted a few pics of the artillery crews I did over there and there was a little interest in them at first then I posted a few more photos of some more I had done and it only got a few views and no replies at all. Most guys over there are more 1/72 scale war gamer guys? I guess I should have sent the photos to ETS??? I just don,t know how?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back