Quality of Vehicles (1 Viewer)

I purchase several WW2 vehicles and I must say I’m not impressed with the painting/weathering/decals. Compared to K&C, Figarti and John Jenkins they just don’t look realistic. Numbered/unit decals on the German vehicles started peeling not long after my purchase. I do like the selection of vehicles released but won’t purchase any future vehicles till these issues are addressed. Sorry but can’t spend hard earned money and have to contend with these types of issues.

Every Toy Soldier manufacturer has product problems. I received a Figarti T-34 with missing parts. I received a K&C 10 cm field gun and crew with paint damage caused by the wire used to secure the figures to a plastic package. The manufacturer in both cases was contacted and the problem was corrected. I have 5 TCS armored vehicles and none have had any problem with decals or paint. I find the TCS paint colors to be more accurate than some other manufacturers. Weathering is very subjective and a matter of taste IMO.

Thank You Jazzeum. Was about to order the M 113 as a reminder of my four years in country. Will now make my Wife happy I did not order it. Highest Regards and Merry Christmas. Larry.

Merry Christmas Larry.

Brad

I have more than several Collectors Showcase WWII Tanks and vehicles. All of them arrived
without any damage, defects, and good quality as expected !

Wayne

I don't have any of CS' vehicles, though I do have the U-96 and a DAK 88mm DP gun and the glider pieces. All are fantastic. I've always been a fan of Brian's innovations like the broken track option, or his dismounting troops.

I’ve own several Collector Showcase WWII models. IMO, they look fresh off the factory assembly line onto the showroom. Very little weathering on most and larger scale than their competitors; I think its intentionally part of his brand differentiation.

However, they’re detailing is very good and innovative (e.g. open hatches, compartments, viewable interiors, detachable tracks, historically reasonable pricing makes for great value!

When you perform customized weathering by professionals the out come is spectacular. Michael (Killted Vampire) weathered the M26 Pershing and StrumTiger. Mark Vuncannon (Build-A-Rama) did the StuG III and Marder III below.

Carlos

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.JPG

5.jpg

6.JPG

Good if you prefer 1:28th scale AFV's...Thus :.K/C Tank riders fit well in scale with the Collectors Showcase US Tank.:salute::

Like the weathering, assists with making them more realistic. The Stug's rear compartment looks interesting. Robin.

They all look awesome Carlos, well done. I think this is where i'll head as well and get some more of my existing Collector Showcase vehicles and armour repainted and/or weathered. I have already gotten one Sd.Kfz 232 Armoured Car professionally repainted/weathered and recently two Sd.Kfz 251 Hanomag Halftracks done as well. I may even buy some more CS vehicles and armour and do the same with them.

I'll still buy Figarti and JJD armour and vehicles when they get released though. I also think Eagle Design armour/vehicles are good candidates for further weathering or repaints as they are quite cheap to buy.

Tom

Great looking repaints Carlos!! Like yourself I had Michael (Kilted vampire) do a recent repaint of a Figarti Tiger and his work speaks for itself, matter of fact when I put his winter Tiger next to a original Figarti winter Tiger I liked KV's version better!!!!!!

Very realistic repaints Carlos. The Marder III and Stugs are superb; they look like 1/35 show pieces IMO. I agree Brian is a very innovative manufacturer!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back