Questions & Answers (1 Viewer)

In the long-run will the re-sell prices hold up though? I used to collect sports figures that were worth a lot of money at one time. Then along came Ebay and better, newer lines, and down went the value - can't give away some of them now - and at a time I would like to unload a bunch. Now, if you have a superior product, as K&C does, and at least somewhat limited supply, maybe that will never be an issue. However, it just may be that a relatively less poplular item now has virtually no demand down the road and is hard to sell. I don't think this will happen with K&C, but you never know.

Indeed, I too am familiar with collections that were once "hot stuff" but now command nowhere near their old value. If the economic situation continues to worsen over the next decade I can't see the inflated ebay prices for K&C being maintained - but then again people do invest in art during economic depressions because at least there's rarity and artistic substance behind your investment rather than just worthless paper. I think we'll be doing well if our sets maintain their original MSRP value or slightly above - which isn't such a bad deal if you look on it as simply turning our dollar bills into a physical good that is a lot more interesting to look at. You have to love toy soldiers themselves to bother collecting this stuff. Anyone storehousing tons of sets with the hope of reselling it at 10 times the value in a decade should think again IMO.

I for one am not concerned with resell value(nothing wrong with those that are:)). I operate on the same principle as the housing market USED to, what's your house worth? Answer: whatever someone is willing to pay for it;). Besides, when I stroke out I am going to have my collection melted down into a coffin and be buried in it:eek:! That said I just finished dessert so I"ll be needing a bigger casket...time to order some more toys:D;).

Cheers, Saber

I for one am not concerned with resell value(nothing wrong with those that are:)). I operate on the same principle as the housing market USED to, what's your house worth? Answer: whatever someone is willing to pay for it;). Besides, when I stroke out I am going to have my collection melted down into a coffin and be buried in it:eek:! That said I just finished dessert so I"ll be needing a bigger casket...time to order some more toys:D;).

Cheers, Saber

NOW that's the proper attitude!!!!!:cool::);)

Fannie & Freddie, 200 billions, directly taken from the pockets of the taxpayers, to save the system from bankruptcy...

Let's keep the profits private but socialize the losses...

A hard lesson for those against any interventions from the government...

Protect the shores and leave me alone, let the poors die and stay away from my paycheck but please, oh please!, save me from the sinking...

...K&C's price floors thus make for bad economics, but economic theory rarely gives you the whole picture about some of the side benefits of such policies (cough same thing goes for government intervention cough).
N
Few theories give you anything but the picture of what they are intended to describe and even then, they are "theories", so they may not even be correct. Experience and common sense should also be some guide but we know how much our governments rely on history and common sense.:rolleyes: If you favor intervention, you are in the right century, it isn't going away anytime soon.

N
Few theories give you anything but the picture of what they are intended to describe and even then, they are "theories", so they may not even be correct. Experience and common sense should also be some guide but we know how much our governments rely on history and common sense.:rolleyes:

Agree 100% - and that includes theories on all sides of the political spectrum and from all fields of knowledge. I love theory but I know it can never stand in for what works best in reality. For example, while I still think they have a LONG way to go, I agree with Andy's statement that: "China’s human rights record is not great but when you are trying to run the most populous nation on earth you cannot always be “Mr. Nice Guy”… Their command and control policies may be archaic and inefficient but when you have to ensure there's enough food and electricity year in and year out for 1/6th of the human population, you can't always experiment with democracy and market forces. Maybe one day.

Under Mussolini, the trains ran on time, too. And under the Nazis, German workers had jobs again. Can't argue with the results.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back