Rafiki is gone (2 Viewers)

RISORGIMENTO

Sergeant Major
I beg to apologize me. I know this topic is not part of our Toy Soldiers fondness but I want to remember this tragic event in memory of a harmless and innocent creature killed by human selfishness.

The silverback, known as Rafiki, was killed by a poacher with a spear. According to the Uganda Wildlife Authority, Rafiki, who was believed to be about 25, was the leader of the famed Nkuringo gorilla group, which has been popular with tourists for decades.

Rangers found Rafiki’s body on June 2, a day after he was reported missing in the park, the Uganda Wildlife Authority said. A post-mortem report showed that a sharp device or object had penetrated his abdomen and pierced his internal organs, the authority said.

Thank you

Attachments

• rafiki 03.jpg
    rafiki 03.jpg
    138.5 KB · Views: 468
When I hear such awful things all can I think is:
Deuteronomy 32:35
Vengeance is Mine; I will repay. In due time their foot will slip; for their day of disaster is near, and their doom is coming quickly.

Humans can be such a despicable lot.

Joe

What a beautiful, magnificent gorilla. Just majestic in his home living his life. What a travesty that this precious animal is gone at the hands of poachers. Shame on them.

John from Texas

I hope when mankind wipes itself out there will be a safer world for animals. We have the power to be their guardians and protect them but we are the most destructive and dangerous presence on this planet. The number of species that have become endangered and extinct has dramatically increased and particularly the mountain and lowland gorilla. These beautiful creatures are devoted to protecting their family but are shy, gentle animals that only show aggression when they are threatened. Continually destroying the forests will bring about their demise quicker. One of the saddest photos I've ever seen was an orangutan wandering around a huge area with not one tree standing. The same thing is happening in the Amazon and these are some of the worst crimes for humanity. Greg.

I hope when mankind wipes itself out there will be a safer world for animals. We have the power to be their guardians and protect them but we are the most destructive and dangerous presence on this planet. The number of species that have become endangered and extinct has dramatically increased and particularly the mountain and lowland gorilla. These beautiful creatures are devoted to protecting their family but are shy, gentle animals that only show aggression when they are threatened. Continually destroying the forests will bring about their demise quicker. One of the saddest photos I've ever seen was an orangutan wandering around a huge area with not one tree standing. The same thing is happening in the Amazon and these are some of the worst crimes for humanity. Greg.

Greg,
Wonderfully stated and I agree wholeheartedly. We reap what we sow.

Joe

Users who are viewing this thread

Back