Re Britains Collectors Club (2 Viewers)

tryfon

Sergeant
Hi all, does any one agree that you should join WB collectors club once, and then be able as a member purchase club figures as they come out, not pay high fee each year. They say free figure but at $79 it is not.

I only want the figure, not magazines etc.

You might also be able to see if a friend who is a member wants to order the figure for you
Richard.

Hi all, does any one agree that you should join WB collectors club once, and then be able as a member purchase club figures as they come out, not pay high fee each year. They say free figure but at $79 it is not.

The whole Collectors Club idea seems very dated ,added too that fact that everything turns up so late and overdue . It would be better to scrap it and put all that effort into getting the some new releases out.

There was a mention of some Nap buildings a while back hopefully they appear at some point, WB scenic pieces are excellent.

I can see your argument, but you are either in a club or not, the club figures are meant to be exclusive for club members [that is the hook to catch you] but many were sold from the Britain’s stand at the London Shows directly to anyone. The $79 [which you do get $15 back in voucher] was a bit steep for me for what you get and there were other considerations. There used to be more for your money and they put the price up and gave you less, I always thought the Standard was not great and there were always loads at the London Show they would just give away. Plus the catalogue was always a work of fiction for me, as W Britains have not delivered for years, the final nail in the coffin for me was one year I paid my fee in January, the Standard was not delivered when it should have been. There were a very small amount of exclusives released and I was being asked for the following year’s membership fee in the Dec of the same year and that years FREE figure had not been delivered, same year the event figure was not at the London Dec Show and we received it in Feb the following year. I have been critical of the current W Britains owners as there has been years of undelivered promises, for which there is not really an answer, just excuses. The vast majority of other TS manufacturers do not have these issues or problems, many of which are relative new to the TS market, but they manage to deliver on their promises.
W Britains will be heavily defended on this forum, particularly by the administrators as they are friends of Ken, which is understandable, but there is a bit of a double standard going on as there is not the same ‘protection’ for other criticized manufacturers on this forum, which I think is not in the spirit of a forum. Enough of a rant, but Britains appear to be going into the same dive into oblivion as Conte, be it a shallower dive. it is the drive that the Monty Python Parrot made.
I am a typical previous Britains customer, used to buy British Ceremonial, Zulu, War of the Nile and Clash of Empires, but over the years I got rid of them all except the British ceremonial, which I probably buy 2 to 4 a year. As there are much better, in my opinion, figures for the money out there and there are actual figures and sets to buy, as manufacturers’ actual deliver.

Got to highlight - 88mm gun, where is it.

On a related note many Britains club figures can be purchased from a number of vendors on the EBAY.CO.UK website. The prices are not great but I believe that they are less than a club membership.https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Britains...106026?hash=item5923867e2a:g:4IkAAOSwRXNcj78l

I have recently purchased a number of Britains Korean war figures which are excellent. That said from my point of view Britains is the fawlty towers of the toy soldier world.

In addition to the 88, what happened with the the Dirty Blue Shirt series that was supposed to be released in 2017? Great concept, but where are they? In closing I wonder if the Corona virus will be a coup de gras for Britains.

Benjamin

Last edited:
On a related note many Britains club figures can be purchased from a number of vendors on the EBAY.CO.UK website. The prices are not great but I believe that they are less than a club membership.https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Britains...106026?hash=item5923867e2a:g:4IkAAOSwRXNcj78l

I have recently purchased a number of Britains Korean war figures which are excellent. That said from my point of view Britains is the fawlty towers of the toy soldier world.

In addition to the 88, what happened with the the Dirty Blue Shirt series that was supposed to be released in 2017? Great concept, but where are they? In closing I wonder if the Corona virus will be a coup de gras for Britains.

Benjamin

Cheers, I have bought from those UK ebayers and it is cheaper than membership.
On Corona virus being the coup de gras for Britains! They produce very little when compared with K & C, J Jenkins and T Gunn and i think it is hard for them to produce even less than they currently do. The 88mm and the Dirty Blue Shirt series, just promises, never been delivered, plus whole ranges have just died.

I think the William Britains website and Brand is being used to push other company's products.

Hi,
I don,t like being negative but I,ve be been a member for years now and I will not be renewing this year.
It’s not just that there are no new figures I like, even the new Zulus are just re-issues of old sets, I just think the excitement is missing.
We used to get four standards a year. Now it’s three for double the money. I think the best bits were the catalogues and the mini ones throughout the year showing new releases.
It might sound a bit sad but I used to get a buzz when a envelope arrived from Britains. Now is just oh it’s finaly turned up, flick through it and read it later
I will still keep a eye out hoping for a change, but in the meantime I’m into K&C Naps. They are so good
I do hope Britain’s recover and I wish them well and hope to be a member agin in the future, but for now it’s no. Not worth it

I never thought with Ken Osen involved there would be so many problems.I thought it would be a new "Golden Age".
Mark

"Enough of a rant, but Britains appear to be going into the same dive into oblivion as Conte, be it a shallower dive."

Wonder what the common thread could be?

I have tried to stay mum, but I am very sad by it all. I hope Britains can turn it around.

Which ones ? Not any that I can see ?

20195 is from set 20120 - Evacuation of the Hospital
20196 is from set 20085 - Water Detail
20197 is from set 20057 - No Mercy
20198 is from set 20028 - Overwhelming Odds

This is OK for new collectors, but if you have the original sets then there is nothing new to collect.

Which ones ? Not any that I can see ?

The new single figure Zulu's are mostly from double figure sets 20195 is from 20120 'Evacuation of the Hospital set No 5', 20196 is from the 'Water Detail' 20085, 20197 is from 'No Mercy' 20257 and 20198 is from 'Overwhelming Odds' 20025.

Regards

Brian

Last edited:
20195 is from set 20120 - Evacuation of the Hospital
20196 is from set 20085 - Water Detail
20197 is from set 20057 - No Mercy
20198 is from set 20028 - Overwhelming Odds

This is OK for new collectors, but if you have the original sets then there is nothing new to collect.

Beat Me to it GlennRobin we must have been typing in at the same time.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back