re new figures and periods (1 Viewer)

tryfon

Sergeant
You have superb items and quality

I have Napoleonic French, Romans and Gladiators and look forward to the Teutonic.

The other periods you will find not a large following, perhaps stick to traditional popular periods in history

Zulu war covering the troop types so far ignored by the other manufacturers i.e imperial mounted infantry, Natal Native horse, pioneers, colonial volunteers , Native infantry , missed personalities , naval Brigade etc etc

Looking forward to the Franco-Prussian war releases. I think this series has potential as uniforms are colorful and unique.
Very limited makers of this range in 60mm matt finish.
First Legion FPW French figures are very well done but in a different price range than Team.

Their "Plains Indian" figures and accessories are very well done and would love to see this range expanded.

I want to see an expanded release of the colonial sets. Boer War including cavalry, artillery and other Infantry poses. Maybe some key leaders. The beauty of the Boer series is that it works for conflicts such as the Northwest Frontier, Omdurman etc.

I think Team should keep the focus on small, irregular conflicts. Dozens of manufacturers do Napoleonics, WWII etc. There is a huge niche market to be explored.

I'd love to see 2nd Afghanistan covered, perhaps some of the Caribbean fighting in the 1770s-90s (would LOVE British Marines from this period). The Easter Rising could be another era to explore, Crimea, 1st Afghanistan, perhaps the Spanish American War and an early WWII series focusing on the last stands on Wake Island, Bataan and Correggidor. Never seen these done in miniature.

Yes to the Spanish-American War. Cant get enough of Theodore Roosevelt and his Rough Riders attacking San Juan Hill!
I live around the corner from Teddy's Sagamore Hill home in Oyster Bay and they would love a diorama.

Looking forward to the Franco-Prussian war releases. I think this series has potential as uniforms are colorful and unique.
Very limited makers of this range in 60mm matt finish.
First Legion FPW French figures are very well done but in a different price range than Team.

Their "Plains Indian" figures and accessories are very well done and would love to see this range expanded.
I already pre-ordered all of the Franco-Prussian War figures they announced. I hope the go well with First Legion’s Franco Prussian War French Infantry!

I admire the path Team Miniatures has chosen.

They are creating their own identity, trying to make a name for themselves.

It's easy to stick to what's popular; American Civil War, Napoleonic French and British, WWII Germans.

What is more difficult is to "take a chance" so to speak on Boxer Rebellion, Boer War, Franco Prussian War.

On the one hand, you can argue that these periods have never been done in great length before in matte finished metal, so you are first to market, you are the leader.

On the other hand, you can argue that there is a reason why these periods have never been done before; because they are perceived as not being popular subjects, so sales will be poor.

In business, much like in life, sometimes you have to take a chance, take a shot, take a gamble and see what happens.

I can't speak for other dealers, but the Boer War and Boxer Rebellion ranges have sold very well for me, the preorders on the first two FPW ranges are very, very good as well.

Time will tell, we'll see how things shake out.

I admire the path Team Miniatures has chosen.

They are creating their own identity, trying to make a name for themselves.

It's easy to stick to what's popular; American Civil War, Napoleonic French and British, WWII Germans.

What is more difficult is to "take a chance" so to speak on Boxer Rebellion, Boer War, Franco Prussian War.

On the one hand, you can argue that these periods have never been done in great length before in matte finished metal, so you are first to market, you are the leader.

On the other hand, you can argue that there is a reason why these periods have never been done before; because they are perceived as not being popular subjects, so sales will be poor.

In business, much like in life, sometimes you have to take a chance, take a shot, take a gamble and see what happens.

I can't speak for other dealers, but the Boer War and Boxer Rebellion ranges have sold very well for me, the preorders on the first two FPW ranges are very, very good as well.

Time will tell, we'll see how things shake out.

George,

Maybe you can convince them to repaint the castings for the Zouaves as French Colonial Algerian Turcos:

Attachments

• 1 Steiff Turco 1 (2).jpg
    1 Steiff Turco 1 (2).jpg
    60 KB · Views: 290
I can say that I've bought just about the entire Boer War line based on the pre release photos alone and now that they've arrived I'm very satisfied.

This is one scene in particular I'd love to see depicted in miniature. The last stand of the 66th at Maiwand, most specifically the charge of the last eleven. To me it is the quintessential image of the British Empire.

20-the-last-eleven (1).jpg

Yes to the Spanish-American War. Cant get enough of Theodore Roosevelt and his Rough Riders attacking San Juan Hill!
I live around the corner from Teddy's Sagamore Hill home in Oyster Bay and they would love a diorama.

Technically, it’s the Spanish American Cuban War. It was a war for independence but the US had imperialistic designs. The Cuban aspect is generally ignored here in the US.

George,

Maybe you can convince them to repaint the castings for the Zouaves as French Colonial Algerian Turcos:

Great minds think alike.

It's not my money/my call, but if it was, I'd do French Infantry, Chasseurs, Zouaves and Turcos, Prussian Infantry and Jaegers, Bavarian Infantry and Wurtemberg Infantry, French Cuirassiers and Chasseurs D'Afrique, Prussian Cuirassiers and Lancers, then foot artillery crews with guns for both sides.

Technically, it’s the Spanish American Cuban War. It was a war for independence but the US had imperialistic designs. The Cuban aspect is generally ignored here in the US.

Don't forget the Philippines.
Mark

Great minds think alike.

It's not my money/my call, but if it was, I'd do French Infantry, Chasseurs, Zouaves and Turcos, Prussian Infantry and Jaegers, Bavarian Infantry and Wurtemberg Infantry, French Cuirassiers and Chasseurs D'Afrique, Prussian Cuirassiers and Lancers, then foot artillery crews with guns for both sides.

Don't forget the Foreign Legion.^&grin
Mark

Great minds think alike.

What, no Spahis?!{sm4} Seriously, if you can convince them, I'm in!:salute::

Don't forget the Philippines.
Mark

Beat me to it.

Spanish American War definitely includes the Phillipines.

My wife is from The Phillipines and we recently watched a couple of movies on Netflix about that time. One was about General Luna (major park in Manila is named after him) who was considered the best leader fighting against the Americans. However he ended up being assassinated by his own side due to intrigue amongst other Phillipino leaders. Not quite how she learnt about him at school ! She was not happy that his own army killed him.

The movie is called Heneral Luna and not a bad production.

Beat me to it.

Spanish American War definitely includes the Phillipines.

My wife is from The Phillipines and we recently watched a couple of movies on Netflix about that time. One was about General Luna (major park in Manila is named after him) who was considered the best leader fighting against the Americans. However he ended up being assassinated by his own side due to intrigue amongst other Phillipino leaders. Not quite how she learnt about him at school ! She was not happy that his own army killed him.

The movie is called Heneral Luna and not a bad production.

Brett

Spooky I watched part of this film at the weekend. There is a sequal as well together with 1898 about the Spanish in Cuba. Kronprinz do some very nice colonial Spanish from the period but no opposition. You would have to go to glossy and Bill Hocker for Phillipino troops or Alymer for some Spanish colonial troops and opposition. But TM would fit better with most collecting tastes if they covered this conflict.

They are doing some great figures from conflicts that get my gander up!

Gary

You can get it from Amazon with a Prime Video channel subscription.
Mark

Don't forget the Foreign Legion.^&grin
Mark

The Foreign Legion uniform during the FPW was basically the same as line infantry, just a different kepi and epaulette color, so it would be pretty easy to represent them.

Before Team expands to another new period, I would like to see them get a little more "depth" in their existing lines (including the Franco-Prussian, of course). Thus: Tigermen, Kansu Braves, gingal gun, Boer War Highland Light infantry, Boer War Australians (dismounted Bushveld Carabiniers?), Boer and/or British pom-pom, perhaps existing Boxer & Boer castings in different colored clothes, French 1870 chasseurs, line and guard infantry, Prussian line and Jaeger infantry. I've deliberately left of almost all artillery and cavalry since Team has not yet produced any of these. Lots of stuff before we go off to another era.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back