repainting old Britains (2 Viewers)

Asterix

Private 2
I've got some Britains Ltd toy soldiers from the 1950's and 1960's that need to be repainted in places. I hope to match the original colors of their coats, tunics, Bearskins, etc. Is there some source out there that can help me make those matches?

Thank you, Mike, for this link.

Now, it's off to buy some Humbrol paints!

Got an email from Ron Ruddell today with specific advice. Very helpful!

Ron is also a Britains vendor, including licensing to sell replacement parts, though you may already know that. Ron's a great guy, a long-time vendor, manufacturer, and collector, in his own right. For many years, he was a fixture on the show circuit, though he's retired from traveling now, due to age. But it's always great to pop in to his shop for a visit.

Prost!
Brad

Whenever I'm in PA, I stop by Ron's shop to chat. I just need to remember to block out the morning, because Ron has LOTS of stories to tell.

When my son was young, Ron walked us through his casting operation. Then he gave my son a painted figure as a souvenir. Will always remember that. We still have it.

I've used his instructions to paint castings and they match the old Britains extremely well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back