Repaints (1 Viewer)

MaterJace98

Private
I was looking at doing a repaint of a K&C figure. I've never done it before, so if anyone knows some good techniques or what kind of paint to use, please let me know. Now i think of it, I don't know if I want to actually do a repant since the figures are so superbly painted in the first place, but just for future refernce. The title is repaints by the way, I messed up, sorry

What is there to say MJ, only that practice makes perfect. I learned my skills painting hundreds of metal and plastic figures ( 54mm) I do repaints all the time ( every single K&C or TG figure and/or AFV I use in a dio is a repaint)
As far as paint is concerned I use , oil paints ( Windsor and Newton), Humbrol and acrylic paints such as Lifecolor, Model color,Eduard, Tamiya, AK, etc ..
guy:smile2:

I have most of the paints Guy uses and also use Vallejo more often than not. Some people don't like repaints some do but, more and more people now knowing more about the historical context of the sets they buy are opting to have them done in their own way. That does not negate the ''superb'' painting you mention it just means they want more than what is on offer from the manufacturer.

Not really sure what techniques can be offered you just have to pick up the brush and see if its for you
Mitch

I was looking at doing a repaint of a K&C figure. I've never done it before, so if anyone knows some good techniques or what kind of paint to use, please let me know. Now i think of it, I don't know if I want to actually do a repant since the figures are so superbly painted in the first place, but just for future refernce. The title is repaints by the way, I messed up, sorry

Hi MJ. Painting or repainting has long been in the broader domain of modelling where there is no end of available magazine articles. Paint technology has advanced in leaps and bounds, and there are literally paints for all occasions. To pick up a brush is to commence an adventure that can be most rewarding. There are many opportunities for assistance but Games Workshop offered some excellent tutorial workshops when my sons got interested, and one of them has taken his development to University and Graphic Design as a vocation. Citadel offers a range of paints (to go with their tutorials of course :)) but Vallejo, as Mitch mentioned, has a wealth of premixed colours suitable for matching with repaints. Most importantly, the acrylics are as forgiving to beginners as they are to the experienced. And repaint, by the way, can mean a piece or the whole figure - it can be just enhancement of an already good paint job. :)Enjoy

Users who are viewing this thread

Back