Response to flimsy mat from JG (1 Viewer)

JGMiniatures

Private
I dont use the forum very much and when i logged in was surprised and sorry for the dissapointment felt by Mr J Sparrow regarding the Cobblestone Mat he purchased. I pride myself on making some of the best Scenic items available and take note of any response from a customer as to the quality of an item.
The FM range of mats have been one of the most succesful products to date and this is the first time i have received a complaint regarding this item. Because they have been so successful I have had to outsource the manufacture and can only say that a bad one slipped through the net.

Mr Sparrow , I understand you wanted to have a cobble road to match the AHPC pavement corners in thickness ,these items are 6mm thick so I can understand that the cobble mat would not work, please e-mail me direct at sales@jgminiatures.com and explain what you require and I will make it for you in recompense for your disapointment.

John

Ps thanks for the thumbs up Panda Gen

Great service from John as usual, he makes a superior product in my view.

Rob

John,
Thanks for your response. I will send you a PM.

For the record, I've purchased other JG products in the past from TS shows and agree on the fine products that you offer. Examples of my past purchases, Arnhem building, tress, walls, Etc. I usually purchase my scenic items at shows but the mat was purchased thru a mail order company.

I am glad its been sorted its obvious that certain products will sometimes be faulty broken or just not upto scratch to think otherwise is rather eutopian. but, IMO its how things are sorted when they do go pear shaped that shows what a manufacturer is made of.
Mitch

I dont use the forum very much and when i logged in was surprised and sorry for the dissapointment felt by Mr J Sparrow regarding the Cobblestone Mat he purchased. I pride myself on making some of the best Scenic items available and take note of any response from a customer as to the quality of an item.
The FM range of mats have been one of the most succesful products to date and this is the first time i have received a complaint regarding this item. Because they have been so successful I have had to outsource the manufacture and can only say that a bad one slipped through the net.

Mr Sparrow , I understand you wanted to have a cobble road to match the AHPC pavement corners in thickness ,these items are 6mm thick so I can understand that the cobble mat would not work, please e-mail me direct at sales@jgminiatures.com and explain what you require and I will make it for you in recompense for your disapointment.

John

Ps thanks for the thumbs up Panda Gen

John

I believe that your response says it all and I do hope Mr Sparrow finds satisfaction with it.

I have been buying your scenic material for several years now. I can honestly say I have never been disappointed, if I had been I would have said so.

As you know, I love to photograph collections in dioramas. You have transformed my enjoyment of the hobby to a completely different level.

Kevin

before IMG_0980red.jpg

after in summer, desert and winter

045red.jpg

IMG_0994qred.jpg

IMG_6509ajred.jpg

IMG_9765_1ared.jpg

Gotta love a man that takes action in his business to stay on top...you're a great businessman...people don't forget things like this...

Gotta love a man that takes action in his business to stay on top...you're a great businessman...people don't forget things like this...
I agree Mike. I can only say I am somewhat surprised that the original complaint was seemingly posted here prior to contact with the company. That is certainly not the way to obtain good customer service.

Kevin-

please stop posting your world class pictures/dioramas all over the place- it is making me very jealous!! :p:p You kind of remind me of a guy who just bought a brand new Mercedes and has to show it off to everyone :D:D Cheers mate!!

JGM is world class with scenic materials. The hobby is a better place because of his (and BAR)'s involvement in it.

I think a poster can and should post negatives about products on here. I don't think the originator of the post was attacking the products for the sake and was raising a valid point in his opinion and allowed others to comment.

I think this is what the site is for and JG has responded and all sides are now happy
Mitch

Posting a negative comment about a product prior to contacting the seller or manufacturer is both misleading and inappropriate, IMHO. It is misleading because it is based on an incomplete set of facts and inappropriate for exactly the reason demonstrated by John's reply. With near instant email access to just about anyone, it is nothing more than prudent and a simple courtesy to determine whether the problem was legitimate before presenting it as a fait complete.

Thats a fair comment however, the chap who bought the item is the person who has paid good money for the item and, believes he had a legitimate issue and, as this site has people who have the products and know about them he offered his opinion and, in doing so asked for others about this product.

Its legitimate to inform persons who may have wanted to buy this product to go with other sets that it was thinner than the kerbs etc on other sets as, others may have wanted to use it in such a display and have felt dissapointed that it was not workable as they had believed.

Now, through the raising of this point, on a toy soldier site, everyone knows whats what and that has to be a good thing and, is in no way IMO rude.
Mitch

Posting a negative comment about a product prior to contacting the seller or manufacturer is both misleading and inappropriate, IMHO. It is misleading because it is based on an incomplete set of facts and inappropriate for exactly the reason demonstrated by John's reply. With near instant email access to just about anyone, it is nothing more than prudent and a simple courtesy to determine whether the problem was legitimate before presenting it as a fait complete.

I was expressing an opinion regarding a product that I had purchased. There is nothing misleading or inappropriate regarding this. How do YOU come up with the conclusion that there are an incomplete set of facts regarding this matter? Were you involved in the purchase? Were you there with it arrived?How do YOU know that the seller wasn't contacted? It would appear by YOUR statements that YOU have the incomplete set of facts! How is it inappropriate? Did I tell people to stay away from his products? No.

I also didn't contact JG directly because it wasn't a issue like a defective product or something that was broken.

I believe you will find that I've stated that I have purchased JG products in the past and was very satisfied with his products. And I will continue to purchase JG products in the future. The product in itself was purchased from a TS vendor and not JG Miniatures.
John did reach out and I do appreciate that and will contact him regarding this matter. That in itself I find to be the mark of a true businessmen and applaud his actions.

Thats a fair comment however, the chap who bought the item is the person who has paid good money for the item and, believes he had a legitimate issue and, as this site has people who have the products and know about them he offered his opinion and, in doing so asked for others about this product.

Its legitimate to inform persons who may have wanted to buy this product to go with other sets that it was thinner than the kerbs etc on other sets as, others may have wanted to use it in such a display and have felt dissapointed that it was not workable as they had believed.

Now, through the raising of this point, on a toy soldier site, everyone knows whats what and that has to be a good thing and, is in no way IMO rude.
Mitch

Thank You.

Kevin-

please stop posting your world class pictures/dioramas all over the place- it is making me very jealous!! :p:p You kind of remind me of a guy who just bought a brand new Mercedes and has to show it off to everyone :D:D Cheers mate!!

JGM is world class with scenic materials. The hobby is a better place because of his (and BAR)'s involvement in it.

Chris,

I apologise and will stop immediately.:eek::eek::eek:

Kevin mate,
If you stop posting those magnificent photos then I will have to have a ceremonial burning of my two Louis Badaloto autographed K&C books.:D:D:D
Just joking cobber. Wouldn't part with these two volumes for quids. Must get you to sign these one day if your happy to do so.
Come on now, stop sitting around doing nothing. Post some more photos.
Cheers from the Land Downunder, Howard:)

Kevin mate,
If you stop posting those magnificent photos then I will have to have a ceremonial burning of my two Louis Badaloto autographed K&C books.:D:D:D
Just joking cobber. Wouldn't part with these two volumes for quids. Must get you to sign these one day if your happy to do so.
Come on now, stop sitting around doing nothing. Post some more photos.
Cheers from the Land Downunder, Howard:)

No offence Howard, but Chris is scarier than a cobber whose had six months in the bush and told he can't come into the bar.

He was airborne! :eek: and not long ago, even if it was US ;) - I better not say that as I am in enough trouble already :rolleyes:. I pride myself on being a practical coward.

No photos.

I would be honoured to sign your very rare book, though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back