Return Key Problem (1 Viewer)

jazzeum

Four Star General
This one is a bit unusual but I just received a new computer and the return key (Enter) doesn't work. Any ideas?

Now that is an odd problem. I would call geek squad or whatever techie you may know and see if they can solve it. Otherwise I would bring it back to where you got it and see what the customer services folks make of it. I know that isnt much help but this is an odd issue.

Dave

Do you have another keyboard which would allow you to test whether the issue comes from the CPU/OS or a defect with the keyboard/device software itself? What you could also do is reinstall the keyboard driver (Go to Device Manager, select Keyboards in the DM tree, right click on the Keyboard Device sub node and select Properties. In the Driver tab dialog box, click Update driver. Hope this helps...

I probably wasn't clear enough. Apologies for that. When posting on the forum, if I hit the return key in order to start a new paragraph, the return key will not work. Nothing to do with the computer per se but the Forum. I don't have this issue with other sites or forums, just this one.

Brad

Seem to have fixed the problem by switching the messenger editor interface (from Enhanced to Standard) under Miscellaneous Options in General Settings, just in case anyone else has this problem in the future.

Brad

I had thought of doing that, with some of the heavy handedness I've seen lately.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back