Revised Pharaoh Hunting Party Diorama (1 Viewer)

Iron Brigade

Command Sergeant Major
Some months back I decided not to get K&C set AE043 of the "Woman Carrying Water" to be added to my one of six dioramas using K&C's Ancient Egyptian sets, namely the "Pharaoh's Hunting Party" diorama. I just recently decided to get this one set afterall. I decided to rearrange the diorama a bit and noticed that K&C set SP028 is entitled "Oasis Well". I got to thinking about the word Oasis which would imply some green plants or grass of some sort and I added some assorted bushes between the two palm trees that were already on the display. I also decided to put the #4 guardsmen together behind the pharaoh rather than 2 in front and 2 in back of the pharaoh. Lastly, I added some real water to the oasis well which may or may not be seen by viewers in the last of 4 photos below.

"Iron Brigade"

Forum1.jpg

Forum2.jpg

Forum3.jpg

Forum4.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Revised Pharaod Hunting Party Diorama

I can never get enough AE diorama's, being my core collection which started me in this hobby. Nice to see the extra effort taken to cover the bases, always makes the scene more realistic. Well done, Cheers, Robin.

Gary...it all looks great...the "Woman Carrying Water" goes very well with the AE series...you did a really nice job on the groundwork and shrubs...I especially like how you hid the bases...

Nice pictures. I find the king and country ancient Egypt series rather fascinating, with their exotic looking figurines and all, and as I am unable to collect this series due to limited resources I thank you for gracing us with photos of your ancient Egypt diorama so that we can admire the series in all it's splendor.:)

Hi Gary,

Your nice AE display got me thinking. If you just had the woman carrying the water pitcher alone beside the oasis well, it would make for a striking dio by itself appropriately captioned.

Best, Raymond:)

Hi Gary,

Your nice AE display got me thinking. If you just had the woman carrying the water pitcher alone beside the oasis well, it would make for a striking dio by itself appropriately captioned.

Best, Raymond:)

Hello Raymond:

Thanks for your comments. Yes, the K&C sets of SP028 "Oasis Well" and AE043 "Woman Carrying Water" would look very good as a smaller sized vignette diorama centered on these two sets with one or both palm trees and some of the bushes. I hope that we will see some of your vignette displays posted at the Forum soon. You seem to have some good ideas on preparing dioramas.

Best regards, "Iron Brigade" / Gary

I would also like to thank "villagehorse", mikemiller1955" & "shadowfax" for their early positive comments to my Thread started on February 16, 2012.

"Iron Brigade" / Gary

Very nice mate, just wondering what the groundwork is made from. Real dirt or packet?

Very nice mate, just wondering what the groundwork is made from. Real dirt or packet?

Dear "Iron Duke":

The "ground cover" for this diorama is real sand or to be exact from a bag of "Play Box Sand" I got from one of our local garden stores. These bags of sand always also contain very small stones which I like as it adds to the texture of the ground cover. I also use this kind of sand for roadways as it passes for real looking dirt roads.

Best regards, "Iron Brigade"

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back