Revolution in Miniatures Event at the American Revolution Museum (1 Viewer)

I thought I'd share some hobby news with you all.

This past weekend I attended this exhibit at the Museum of the American Revolution with fellow forum member and good friend Andreas (Andanna on the forum). This was a first time event which was hosted by the Artist's Preservation Group. https://artistpreservationgroup.com/

It was a fascinating experience for me, being a huge rev war buff, as I got to see rows of tables filled solely with AWI figures!! It was like a mini MFCA show but dedicated to just AWI subjects. Being accustomed to the massed produced figures of our beloved manufacturers, it was a nice departure to feast my eyes on these unique and diversely crafted miniatures. The artistic talents of those in our hobby who can paint, create and in some cases fashion figures from scratch never ceases to amaze me.

Several artists/modelers were on hand to meet and chat with visitors. It was exciting meeting and speaking with some of them. I also spoke with the president of the museum who said that he is anxious to promote our hobby and he couldn't think of a better way of doing that than by holding this event at the museum. While this event is in its infancy stage there are plans to move forward and build on it in the future. While the museum has limited space, there are hopes that this can turn into a big event in years to come.

Here are some pics for your viewing pleasure.......

DSC02425-1020x573.JPG

DSC02429-1020x573.JPG

DSC02466-322x573.JPG

DSC02471-1019x573.JPG

Thank you, Mark. It was a great visit and for those in the area it is highly recommended.

I may piggyback your effort, Mark. The APG is financed, in part, through the sale of unique kits. This is this year’s:

When you enter the museum, you are greeted by a display of English light infantry and two custom dioramas (Trenton and Knox’ artillery train).

Exhibition on the third floor. (Note: the museum fame is the original tent of Washington!)

Mike Blank’s monochrome style is apparently more popular in the US than his native Europe. It is one of these “Love it or leave it” decisions.

https://pin.it/19VIbd2

One of my favorites is always Marion Ball with her sculptor husband, Allan:

I was unaware of the development to use natural materials to enhance the figure. It works for me on the Rhode Islander, not so much on the horse:

Hi,
I almost missed this interesting thread with all those nice figurines, thank you for shareing.
rgds
Wolfgang

Users who are viewing this thread

Back