"Road Directions 1942" (1 Viewer)

PolarBear

Major
A PzKpfw III tank commander receives a new set of desert coordinates from a Deutsches Afrika Korps officer at the time of the Battle of El Alamein in 1942.

Attachments

• RoadDirectionsSm.jpg
    RoadDirectionsSm.jpg
    94.7 KB · Views: 416
Another great photo. I also have this older Panzer III and even with the old style tracks/wheels, it's still a classic piece.

Another great photo. I also have this older Panzer III and even with the old style tracks/wheels, it's still a classic piece.

Put the old turret on the newer style tracks and you have a near perfect dessert panzer III.....The older turret beats the newer turret version hands down...I will try to provide a photo

Here's some pics with the old turret on the new chassis. the new turret does not fit on the old panzer III but, you can see what Vezolf is saying looks neat even in B&W.

The new panzer III is about to be moved to the russki front so, will be going grey very soon
Mitch

Attachments

• DSCF0825.jpg
    DSCF0825.jpg
    72.9 KB · Views: 192
  • DSCF0827.jpg
    DSCF0827.jpg
    67.1 KB · Views: 195
Nice photo Mitch, Thank you.....We should mention however that the old turret fits very loosely in the new chassis.....handle with care

Oh god yes!!! dont go spinning it around or carrying your set around willy nilly or Kaput!!!
Mitch

A PzKpfw III tank commander receives a new set of desert coordinates from a Deutsches Afrika Korps officer at the time of the Battle of El Alamein in 1942.

Dear "PolarBear":

Splendid looking photo of a small diorama of a WW2 German PanzerIII. Gosh, how did you get the photo posted at such a large size?

"Iron Brigade"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back