Ron Wall Miniatures (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

nysoldiers

Command Sergeant Major
I know they are not manufacturing any longer but I am trying to track down Ron to get some information.
If anyone knows his current address, phone or email I would appreciate the information.

The number is out of service......wonder if anyone has an old catalog.

crap, that was his last known number I had from the end of his website. I am naturally assuming he is alive, but I don't know, he really disappeared very quickly from the scene and I am not sure who even had a lot of contact with him.

Tom

crap, that was his last known number I had from the end of his website. I am naturally assuming he is alive, but I don't know, he really disappeared very quickly from the scene and I am not sure who even had a lot of contact with him.

Tom

Ron Wall was one of the 'True Pioneers' of the New Toy Soldier in America and a real 'original'.

I first met him when Laura (first wife and cofounder of K&C) and myself came to our very first 'Chicago Show' in 1985...He could not have been friendlier and more helpful.

At that time Ron's most popular line was American Civil War and I loved 'em! I still have a whole bunch in my own collection.

He also produced some terrific USMC on Parade which we purchased to sell in our first K&C shop in Hong Kong. Also very good toy soldiers (marines)!

A couple of years later he 'premiered' a huge display of Indians in a 'Custer's Last Stand' scene on his table at Chicago and for whatever reason the vast majority of collectors did not seem interested...They wanted more ACW...Personally I thought they looked exciting and unique!

When I spoke to Ron at the end of the show he seemed devastated by the rejection and very hurt by the lack of appreciation for the incredible time and effort he had put into the project...And that was the last time I personally saw him at Chicago.

In my opinion... a true American 'original' and a very fine toy soldier maker in the traditional mold.
Anyway that's my memories of Ron.
Andy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back