Rorkes Drift buildings (1 Viewer)

attic_david

Private 2
Pictures of a recent commission. The two Rorkes Drift buildings. They are on individual bases so I haven't laid them out accurately.
The time consuming part of this commission was the stone work- I had to carve it all and then each stone is painted individually!! I think it was worth it though.
Thanks to Sam at W Britains for lending me a few figures for the shots.

RD-4.jpg

RD-10.jpg

RD-7.jpg

RD-5.jpg

RD-8.jpg

David

Pictures of a recent commission. The two Rorkes Drift buildings. They are on individual bases so I haven't laid them out accurately.
The time consuming part of this commission was the stone work- I had to carve it all and then each stone is painted individually!! I think it was worth it though.
Thanks to Sam at W Britains for lending me a few figures for the shots.

View attachment 26658

View attachment 26659

View attachment 26660

View attachment 26661

View attachment 26662

David

David,
WELL WORTH IT! And they are exceptional looking. I think you mave even get a couple of scratch-builders copying these photos for future projects:rolleyes::cool:
Wait 'till the rest of the Zuluologists chime in!
Thanks very much for posting!
Mike

These are beauties and whoever is the new owner of these is certainly one lucky chap. Thanks for sharing the pictures with us.

I agree with my fellow Zulu aficionados, and made in the UK;):cool:

Cheers

Martyn:)

I'm sure it's going to give it's new owner hours of pleasure and extremely well done. Would it be possible to see a single frontal photo of the Hospital and Commissary Storehouse.......The Lt.

I'm sure it's going to give it's new owner hours of pleasure and extremely well done. Would it be possible to see a single frontal photo of the Hospital and Commissary Storehouse.......The Lt.

Here are some more pictures. I am hoping my customer will send me pictures of them 'in action'. If he does then they will go up on the web site gallery. At the moment the gallery is a couple of years (!!!!) behind but should get up to date in the next couple of months so there will be loads more photos there.
54mm Rourkes Drift 001.jpg

54mm Rourkes Drift 011.jpg

54mm Rourkes Drift 010.jpg

RD-9.jpg

RD-6.jpg

Thanks addict_david for the additional photos the placement of the windows and doors I see you placed them are based on Lt. Chard's drawing of the layout of the Mission Station and hope the new owner makes it a point to provide you with photos for you to post.......The Lt.

Here are some more pictures. I am hoping my customer will send me pictures of them 'in action'. If he does then they will go up on the web site gallery. At the moment the gallery is a couple of years (!!!!) behind but should get up to date in the next couple of months so there will be loads more photos there.
View attachment 26680

View attachment 26681

View attachment 26682

View attachment 26683

View attachment 26684

attic David
HUBBA HUBBA!!! What a crack job! And downright accurate as well. They look...REAL. Thanks for the pictures.
Mike

The two biggest doubts I had were over the windows- what would the frames be like and did they have shutters.
We went with a simple window frame in the end as there would be no reason why buildings like this would have anything other than functional accessories and the same reason for the shutters- functional.

WOW very impressive. I would not have the patience to paint all of the stones.

These Rorke's Drift buildings are just magnificent.

Great Job !!

Cheers, Raymond.

:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back