Safe in the Big Easy (1 Viewer)

Fullyautomatic

Sergeant
I think Victory is from down around that area.Anyways to all of you in the eye of Hurricane Katrina best wishes in riding this one out.If you had to evacuate I hope you took your best K&C sets.
Be safe guys and gals.Your in our thoughts and prayers!!!

There used to be a great shop "Le Petite Soldier Shop" right in the Quarter.
I sure hope it, and the folks down there do OK.
Njja

I think in wake of what we've seen that we in the rest of the country have to consider ourselves very fortunate. I've never seen anything like that in my life. We can only hope that the city will be rebuilt and lives restored.

We always take for granted what we have and complain about this or that minor inconvenience. We should be grateful for what we have and just shirts on our back and for those minor little inconveniences for I'm sure the people down in NE wish that all they had to worry about was those minor inconveniences, as opposed just to survive. Many people that we see are very poor and live on the edge of poverty. Their lives have been destroyed, hopefully not irreparably. But even those better off and who left, their lives have been damaged in ways that I can't even comprehend.

When I look out the window from our home and look at the beautiful day we have and that I can take off today and just relax and do a little reading (I just picked up Alan Moorehead's book about the North African war) I realize, as do many of you, that we are indeed blessed.

I've heard that Fats domino died in New Orleans, because of Katrina? Is it true, because I hear nothing but contradicting stories over here....

They found him standing on Blueberry Hill, he is ok, heard on the news today.
Gary

Users who are viewing this thread

Back