Sarum/Marlborough (1 Viewer)

tdubel

Major
Any update since Dave's untimely passing? I still think both of these companies have awesome figures and hope they continue.

TD

I was in touch with his daughter for a bit, but not for some time now. Pat might know more

I dropped an email two days ago with no reply yet. May be a while before we know anything. I certainly hope they keep in operation but would understand if they sold it again.

I can't seem to find the Sarum Soldiers website anymore - so doesn't look too promising.

It will be a great shame if all of these lovely glossy - or casting figures become unobtainable once again.

Fingers crossed - that they make a return in some form - jb

Yes Sarum
They had also bought the Chota Sahib production
Not glossy painting but just standard painting ( end 70ies ), I enjoyed painting the Chotta Sahib range

RW-DSC_0287.jpg

Info from another forum, dating 15 Feb 2007
".......
Just received a newsletter from Sarum Soldiers' owner, Patrick Willis. They are going to stop trading when they sell out their existing stocks. They're offering 20% discounts on orders of six or more foot figures and/or three or more mounted figures.
Remember Sarum, besides their toy soldier range, produces most of the ex-Chota Sahib figures sculpted by the late Sid Horton.

Furthermore, they inform the company will be offered for sale from July 2007, Sid Horton's masters included. .... "

So 10 years later ... it's not really a surprise

Info from another forum, dating 15 Feb 2007
".......
Just received a newsletter from Sarum Soldiers' owner, Patrick Willis. They are going to stop trading when they sell out their existing stocks. They're offering 20% discounts on orders of six or more foot figures and/or three or more mounted figures.
Remember Sarum, besides their toy soldier range, produces most of the ex-Chota Sahib figures sculpted by the late Sid Horton.

Furthermore, they inform the company will be offered for sale from July 2007, Sid Horton's masters included. .... "

So 10 years later ... it's not really a surprise

That is actually really old. They were sold a few years ago to a family in the UK, unfortunately, Dave got sick about 1.5 yrs ago and passed away. The brands are in limbo currently.

Tom

He was a funny guy! I loved hanging out with him and his wife in Chicago

The daughter was a very nice gal too I spoke with her in London last year.

Dave

Any news with Sarum? I see the website is back up, but I'm not able to purchase anything?

That is great news give them some time to get squared away I certainly hope Narlbproghs Durbar line will be back up soon too

looks like the same message that had been on the website for a long while.
Sure hope they do get back up and running
kirk

Users who are viewing this thread

Back