pfr44WT.jpg

rtudqDR.jpg

yRKq6ZZ.jpg

nMY0vb2.jpg

pRpHVDf.jpg

Wayne.

Great photos of some very nice figures Wayne. :salute:::salute::

Steve

Wow, all around gorgeous! Figures, lighting, composition and background just look amazing and lifelike!

A masterpiece painting come to life!

Really love the attention to detail so aptly shown in this series of photos. Robin.

These are VERY well done! The Apache Scout is particularly nice!

As for the Sergeant of Cavalry, there are some things I don't like.
which I have since corrected.

1- The yellow scarf.....Although a very happy Hollywood affectation,the real soldiers wore privately purchased bandannas and neckerchiefs.. could be any color. I painted mine.
2- he has his tim cup attached to his carbine snap hook. Two things wrong, one-the clanking and rattling would drive anyone nuts, and announce his arrival to any Hostiles miles in advance. two- his carbine will likely be lost on a hard ride. as it appears to be held in the simple leather round socket.
3- He carries a Sharps Carbine. but his dress suggests he should be armed with an 1873 Springfield carbine, or at least a Spencer Carbine. The scout has an 1873 Winchester.
4- I like the saber. But these were typically left behind by 1876, especially in the Apache wars..I kept it on the saddle and I decided my soldier was a saber fan who refused to abandon it.

Oh, and the reason why I posted was not to complain. it was to congratulate "waynepoo" on the superb pictures. the last one in particular is very nice, the tint color lighting and subject are a perfect depiction to me of the old west Apache scout.

In the spaghetti western movies the cavalrymen wore yellow scarves, all yellow stripes on the pants and winchester.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back