Sd Kfz 231 Heavy Reconnaisance Armored Car in 1/6 scale - CREW and ACTION (1 Viewer)

egonzinc

Sergeant
Here are some images of the new crew for this vehicle and some images of the vehicle probing "my countryside"!
On top of the vehicle, from left to right: Second driver(private), Gunner (Gefreiter), Commander (Unteroffizier) and First driver (Obergefreiter)...

Attachments

• DSC_3330red.JPG
    DSC_3330red.JPG
    212.5 KB · Views: 250
  • DSC_33336red.JPG
    DSC_33336red.JPG
    149.4 KB · Views: 259
  • DSC_3338red.JPG
    DSC_3338red.JPG
    175.4 KB · Views: 260
  • DSC_3101red.JPG
    DSC_3101red.JPG
    170.8 KB · Views: 258
  • DSC_3112red.JPG
    DSC_3112red.JPG
    209.2 KB · Views: 255
Last edited:
Some more images...

Attachments

• DSC_3118red.JPG
    DSC_3118red.JPG
    183.4 KB · Views: 221
  • DSC_3343red.JPG
    DSC_3343red.JPG
    187.5 KB · Views: 208
  • DSC_3346red.JPG
    DSC_3346red.JPG
    172 KB · Views: 208
  • DSC_3348red.JPG
    DSC_3348red.JPG
    208.8 KB · Views: 214
Cool. Is the yellow piping on the uniform meant to represent a dedicated reconnaissance unit?

Yes, the yellow waffenfarbe in this case was correct for the reconnaissance detachment of the 7.Pz Dv (Aufklarungs Abt 371) throughout the war.
Others had different colors and changed along the way, but were mostly golden yellow(from traditional cavalry), pink or even copper brown.
In this case since this vehicles detail lands it squarely in France 1940, I just had to be sure that is what they wore then. For Yugoslavia, Greece and Brbarossa in 1941, the vehicle had several changes, even though it was only about a year away, it would not be accurate.

Fantastic! Great to see some 1/6 scale vehicles displayed here… I collect this scale as well and have for decades, though in recent years I’ve been more focused on 1/30 scale

Hi Egon,

Stumbled upon your amazing pics. What a vehicle and the figures look great. I tried some photography of 1/6 and found it very difficult. Really need the right setting and you've captured a perfect one for your 231 and crew. So realistic!

Always liked 1/6 and not sure the make of your figures, but Dragon has made some impressive figures over the years.

One back at you (but not even close to your scenes):

attachment.php

This looks great, vehicle and figures. The faces are truly realistic. Can you speak to the manufacturer of vehicle and figures please? I also wonder whether you weathered the vehicle.

Thanks for the comments.
most if the items here are from Dragon. Sone custom pueces and the HS( head sculpts) from FID.
The vehicle was scratch built by a modeller in Barcelona. Cobtact through facebook ubder his wife’s account Mercedes Pallares

The midel was a basic 231 that I detailed, repainted and weathered.
Very hard to post images here, but in my facebook page I post WIP images, vehicle only figures and then more inages with the crew.
my name in fb Eduardo J Gonzalez Inclan.
As for images looking good, a lot of work goes into preparing my yard. Cut the grass very liw, actually shave it with a weed cutter. Avoid large leaved vegetation. Avoid intense light. Take images esrly in the mirning ir late in the afternoon. Even then the vest images to show detail will be wgaen a cloud blicks the sun. Always take the images with the light behind you. Prepare the background so you can get liw with the figures. I use coat hanger wire behind the legs and up the back to keep standing figures steady. Pise realistically and loik all the time for falling keaves or something out of place.
After taking images, you can crop them, darken, lighten etc.

Glad you liked the images abd vehicle…

Those are indeed amazing pics- wow!! The figure are vehicle look fantastic! Very, very cool. Do you have any tanks that size?

Joe

Yes have some tanks in 1/6. Go to Facebook and checkout my page egonzinc 1/6
Not all there. Used to post in all the forums and have my images hosted from 2003 to last year in Picturetrail. They closed shop and I have the nearly 15,000 images saved, but not easy to find and impossible to link...
My biggest "tanks" are a Tiger I and a Nashorn.

Hi Egon,

Stumbled upon your amazing pics. What a vehicle and the figures look great. I tried some photography of 1/6 and found it very difficult. Really need the right setting and you've captured a perfect one for your 231 and crew. So realistic!

Always liked 1/6 and not sure the make of your figures, but Dragon has made some impressive figures over the years.

One back at you (but not even close to your scenes):

attachment.php

Curiously the name of this figure is DML Egon! No relation! jajaja!
My egonzinc is simply my initial and first letters from my two last names... have used that as my internet identity wince about 2000.
^&grin

Users who are viewing this thread

Back