Second Figure - WW1 Tommy (2 Viewers)

Foxhole_Adam

Private 1st Class
So I'm still playing around with scales and sizes. This guy is 54mm. I somewhat jumped in with both feet as I sculpted dollies and equipment in this size before I realised 1/30 scale would be better....:rolleyes: Still I figured after making them and casting them in resin I may as well use them for some practice :)

This is a WW1 Tommy advancing.

Dolly is resin and metal wire, rifle is resin, Bayonet is plasticard as the resin casting kept breaking. The rest of the equipment is greenstuff putty as the masters I made ended up looking a bit too small ( the joys of learning a new scale I guess ), and rest of the sculpting was done in greenstuff.
I'm going to chuck him in a mould as even though he'll be a bit too small alongside 1/30 I still rather like him.

I'm itching to pick up som K&C bits when I go to London in a few weeks. Untill then... I just going to carry on making my own {sm4}

Anyway, enough talking, pictures below ( just quick ones I snapped as my light box is in use with another project at the moment).

IMG_1329 by Adam Gayford, on Flickr

IMG_1330 by Adam Gayford, on Flickr

IMG_1331 by Adam Gayford, on Flickr

IMG_1332 by Adam Gayford, on Flickr

IMG_1333 by Adam Gayford, on Flickr

IMG_1334 by Adam Gayford, on Flickr

Cheers

Adam

Hey, very good work indeed, I just wish I had even a small amount of your talent and skill, please show us the finished and painted end result.:salute::
Wayne.

Thanks very much :smile2:

I've just realised the rifle is missing a strap though. Will add it on tomorrow

Have to agree with other comments. You are very talented.

However your other excellent figure posted looked more like a Colonel than a Lt to me:salute:: A figure with real character.

Fine work. I'm reminded of the Perrys' private commission for Peter Jackson. Please consider putting these posts in the Sculpting section- I missed the first figure, and might have skipped this one. I've got no interest in matt figures, but a lot of interest in sculpting. I checked out your flickr page, too. Who did you make all those 28mm figs for? Have you tried Aves Apoxie or Magic Sculp? They seem to be what most of the sculptors of larger scale figures use.

Thanks, spotted the sculpting forum after I had posted :redface2: so will use it in future.

As for the Flickr page, all the other figures are private commissions.

Tried Avies and Magic Sculp and I just cant get used to them and I guess I'm a bit stuck in my ways.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back