Second half 2006 catalog (2 Viewers)

Ken & Ericka Osen/H&A Studio

Command Sergeant Major
Hi There! I wondered how many of you have gotten the second half of 2006 catalog in your hands now and what your favorite ranges or figures are. We are always looking for feedback. Ken

Ken: I got my club figure and catalog. Plenty of nice stuff. Already made another order for some. Right now Rev War is what I like most along with Redcoat series. Leadmen

Hi Ken,

I am hoping the Postman will have something for me today. Otherwise I will really be green with envey!

Dave

Be green my friend, picked up my catalog saturday.:D I am a napoleonics nut so of course i throw my rope at the northgate set which I picked up earlier this year. It is the heart of my Waterloo diorama:)

Hi There! I wondered how many of you have gotten the second half of 2006 catalog in your hands now and what your favorite ranges or figures are. We are always looking for feedback. Ken

We have posted all the latest images for the Second half catalog on our site if you haven't received a ctalog yet. We also have catalogs to give out if anyone needs them.. www.michtoy.com
Rick
MichToy

I got my second half catalog today. I have to say my favorite stuff is the rev war as well.

I got my second half catalog today. I have to say my favorite stuff is the rev war as well.

It was fun to work on too! We will be adding to this and also move into other campaigns. In the short term however the plan is to keep to units that can be used with each other so larger displays can be built. Over the years I have been lucky enough to examine many surviving artillery peices from this period, both here and abroad, although only fragments of the carraiges survive. This info combined with copies of period manuscripts should allow us to create some pretty good guns for the range.

Great, I can't wait to get my hands on the Yorktown stuff and some artillery to go with it will be perfect. Keep up the good work!

from,
Mitch

Last edited:
I haven't received my catalog or club figure yet. Of course, I can't rule out the possibility that my wife found them first and hid them from me!

From what I've seen here and elsewhere, the Rev War looks very exciting. Of course, I really like the Federal infantry in Hardee hats (hence my cybername).

I also like the look of the new Blue Coats series. Several months ago, when Richard was asking how we would feel about glossy US figures, I was a little uncertain. But I must say that I like how they turned out, especially Wayne's legion.

The VC idea is neat. Any thoughts to doing one for the Medal of Honor? I would like to see Lt Audie Murphy on the back of a burning M-10, like he was in "To Hell and Back".

Blackhat

I haven't received my catalog or club figure yet. Of course, I can't rule out the possibility that my wife found them first and hid them from me!

From what I've seen here and elsewhere, the Rev War looks very exciting. Of course, I really like the Federal infantry in Hardee hats (hence my cybername).

I also like the look of the new Blue Coats series. Several months ago, when Richard was asking how we would feel about glossy US figures, I was a little uncertain. But I must say that I like how they turned out, especially Wayne's legion.

The VC idea is neat. Any thoughts to doing one for the Medal of Honor? I would like to see Lt Audie Murphy on the back of a burning M-10, like he was in "To Hell and Back".

Blackhat

Hi There! Somehow I knew you would like Yankees in Hardees... I am also glad the Classics got your attention. The success of the "Redcoats" range made it a natural to do The "Bluecoats" (Federal Blue) range, and there really are some interesting uniforms to do. Some of the best looking ones for many nations start with some of the first national uniforms at the begining of the eighteenth century and continue until the end of the nineteenth century. My personal favorites are from 1750 to 1825 or so. This area was a hotbed of activity in the 1790s and the War of 1812, and Fallen Timbers is just a short drive from here so the Legion was a must! Perhaps in time we could look at other nations too.

I'll second the vote for medal of honor winners and offer Sgt York as a potential figure:)

Hi Guys,

I still havent gotten my club figure or my cataloge so I am starting to wigout a bit.

If they decide to do a Medal of Honor Winner Series they have got to do CPT Jame Burt from the 2d Armored Division he earned his in the fight to take Aachen.

For the VC's I'd like them to cover the New Zealand Maori Lieutenant that earned his the hard way during the fight for North Africa. The gents down under would probably like to see one of their troops recognized.

Dave

OK, my catalog and figure arrived the other day.

First, the catalog: Wow! I haven't been this excited by a toy soldier catalog for a long time. Looking through it, I feel like I did as a kid looking at the Sears Christmas catalog. It is full of attractive pieces. Britains is definately on the right track on many fronts.

Second, the figure. I believe I got the wrong one. I am quite certain I requested the Confederate officer, but I got the Grenadier Guard light infantry instead. Upon examining the piece, however, I'm not disappointed. The figure is excellant. The photos don't really do justice to it. It is really very attractive. Call it serendipity or whatever, but I do have alot of matte ACW figures, and this new soldier has got me looking at glossy figures. I think I'll be adding some Redcoat companions latter. How about some Black Watch in the series?

Blackhat

Hi guys,

I Still dont have my stuff:confused: I guess I should call the club and find out what the deal is. As for other famous British units please give consideration to the Royal Tank Corps and the Gurkhas.

Thanks

Dave

First, the catalog: Wow! I haven't been this excited by a toy soldier catalog for a long time. Looking through it, I feel like I did as a kid looking at the Sears Christmas catalog. It is full of attractive pieces. Britains is definately on the right track on many fronts.

Second, the figure. I believe I got the wrong one. I am quite certain I requested the Confederate officer, but I got the Grenadier Guard light infantry instead. Upon examining the piece, however, I'm not disappointed. The figure is excellant. The photos don't really do justice to it. It is really very attractive. Call it serendipity or whatever, but I do have alot of matte ACW figures, and this new soldier has got me looking at glossy figures. I think I'll be adding some Redcoat companions latter. How about some Black Watch in the series?

Blackhat, I agree , I like the catalogs and magazines they sent.I too got the glossy figure when I requested the Matte finish Reb Officer.I'm going to call them but I suspect the Officer is sold out.
I'm not into the glossy troops and this one fits no where in my collection, but it is very well done.
FuBaRRrRrr

I was very pleased with the glossy club figure. Great improvement. I ordered two other Redcoats plus btwo older matte Rev War sets. Catalog has neat stuff. Leadmen

Blackhat, I agree , I like the catalogs and magazines they sent.I too got the glossy figure when I requested the Matte finish Reb Officer.I'm going to call them but I suspect the Officer is sold out.
I'm not into the glossy troops and this one fits no where in my collection, but it is very well done.
FuBaRRrRrr

I will find out about the Confederate officer...but it might take a few days...Ken

Hi guys,

I finally received the Club figure and the catalog from Britains! I am really looking forward to the VC series and the club figure is excellent!

All The best

Dave

Hi Dave:

Sorry - we weren't trying to make you suffer - not sure why the heck yours took so long - glad you are happy with the result though.

Medal of Honor series is a nice idea...

All the best,

Richard

Users who are viewing this thread

Back