SELLING UP 54mm (1 Viewer)

Cardigan600

Memoriam Member
Yo Troopers, arrived at the crossroads, a few have faced on the forum, which road to go down collecting. Since I started collecting Chas Stadden 90mm my 54mm collection does nothing for me anymore the buzz has gone:(. But every time a see a Chas Stadden model the buzz is there:D. There is no rush in selling them off, but if any of you guys fancy buying any you can see them all in my albums. Can also take payment in weekly or monthly installments if your short of dollars, will keep them until we have settled up. Been thinking about this for a few weeks now, but cannot see me buying anymore Old Britains or any 54mm items. If interested in any PM me and we can discuss it.
Bernard.

Yo Troopers, arrived at the crossroads, a few have faced on the forum, which road to go down collecting. Since I started collecting Chas Stadden 90mm my 54mm collection does nothing for me anymore the buzz has gone:(. But every time a see a Chas Stadden model the buzz is there:D. There is no rush in selling them off, but if any of you guys fancy buying any you can see them all in my albums. Can also take payment in weekly or monthly installments if your short of dollars, will keep them until we have settled up. Been thinking about this for a few weeks now, but cannot see me buying anymore Old Britains or any 54mm items. If interested in any PM me and we can discuss it.
Bernard.

Bernard, as happy as you were making your own labels, finding exact boxes and commissioning repaints of olde Britain sets, are you so sure that the glossy spark is gone? We all hit collecting walls at one time or another..:(Michael

Bernard.

Bernard, say it ain't so! :eek::(

Jeff

Hi Bernard,
that is sad to see, since you put a lot of effort in your Cavalry Regiments collection and like Michael said, especially the sets where you made these very nice labes for.
But who am I to talk about this :rolleyes:
I dropped so many collections before to go for some new stuff that I liked more that I definetely can't blame you.
So, good luck with your sales and with finding more Staddens!
Konrad

I dropped so many collections before to go for some new stuff that I liked more that I definetely can't blame you.
Konrad[/QUOTE]

That makes two of us.:confused:
Mark

Konrad

That makes two of us.:confused:
Mark[/QUOTE]

Now where have I also seen this movie:rolleyes::eek:.

Paulo

Bernard.

Bernard,

Are you very sure you will not regret this later?

The buzz can come back, just like an old flame.

Raymond.

A number of the Stadden statuettes are up on eBay right now, some finished, others in kit form...

A number of the Stadden statuettes are up on eBay right now, some finished, others in kit form...

Yo Brad, cheers mate, but no Stadden gets past me on ebay;). But just look at the price of these two, and they are an absolute disgrace to be called Stadden painted, ebay item: 380187309481 and item 380187313465. They are late TKS models with the paint just slapped on, the painter should have been slapped as well:eek:. But if the Bozos dont want to do their homework, and splash out big dollars let them carry on. I could have painted them better, just look at the shading and the supposed mud on the boots (Humbug)
Bernard.

Just remembered I kept the photos:eek:. A lesson in not to be bought items. The first is up to £90.00 the second up to £60.00 at the moment. Really sad.

Attachments

• Voltigeur.jpg
    Voltigeur.jpg
    41.1 KB · Views: 144
  • Voltigeur Reverse.jpg
    Voltigeur Reverse.jpg
    43.1 KB · Views: 145
  • 24th foot.jpg
    24th foot.jpg
    39.4 KB · Views: 144
  • 24th foot reverse.jpg
    24th foot reverse.jpg
    38.6 KB · Views: 146
  • Tamboer.jpg
    Tamboer.jpg
    38.5 KB · Views: 142
LOL!

Bernard, I think of you every time I run my Stadden search on eBay and I see the statuettes come back. I ask myself, "I wonder if he's bidding on these right now..."

Congrats in advance on future catches!

Prost!
Brad

Last edited:
Hi,
I have got to agree with you that these are badly painted.
You have to remember that these were also sold as kits and may (not have been painted) by a Stadden artist.
I joined Stadden Studios In Twickenham London and relocated with them to Pool Dorset, I can say that these would never have passed my inspection and these would have been put back in the melting pot. However when they decided to relocate again I declined their offer to stay with them. So there is a small possibility that they may have been painted by a new team, I just don't know who took over from me.

KB

Users who are viewing this thread

Back