Seven Years War Sneak Peek: Russian Musketeers (1 Viewer)

jazzeum

Four Star General
The dispatches just came out and, among other things (and there are many), is an image of the next installation of Russians for Kunersdorf: Russian Musketeers ^&cool

Seven Years War.jpg

Its great to see another nation's soldiers being produced for this era.

Seems that all we get is Prussian, Austrian, French and British, so WELL DONE.

John

Absolutely beautiful figure.

All three of the sneak peaks from the December Newsletter are incredible. The upcoming Napoleonic French Guard Horse Artillery Limber team with Riders had me day dreaming. I can only imagine what that is gonna look like in person.

First Legion are just killing it :salute:::salute:::salute::

The upcoming Napoleonic French Guard Horse Artillery Limber team with Riders had me day dreaming.

I can only imagine what that is gonna look like in person.

I can't imagine what that is gonna cost ??????? {eek3}

John

I just got this into my In-Box in the newsletter :)

1st Legion Frarty.jpg

As Matt says in the letter .... "If that doesn’t make the mouth water of a true Napoleonic collector, then nothing ever will! Yum. ;-) "

John

Yes, I saw that. Very impressive, to say the least.

View attachment 184091

As Matt says in the letter .... "If that doesn’t make the mouth water of a true Napoleonic collector, then nothing ever will! Yum. ;-) "

John

What a wonderful set this will be , I am starting to save now I wonder what the cost will be, also can anyone one tell me this would be suitable of the battle of Waterloo as so far I have only collected the British side for this battle hoping Matt will also in the future produce a British horse artillery

Thanks from a wet and soggy Cumbria

also can anyone one tell me this would be suitable of the battle of Waterloo

The short answer is NO

This uniform, with the scarlet braided waistcoat was adopted in 1809 and introduced in 1810.

It seems that it was the parade uniform used up until 1812, but there were marching dress/campaign clothing used during this period.

Following the retreat from Moscow and the reorganisation of Le Grande Armee, the change of cut to the coat for all of the army was effected and so a coat without the waistcoat showing was adopted.

So, NO good for Waterloo :(

Love this team, so maybe you can use it for an earlier battle, like one against Wellington in Spain ????

John

The short answer is NO

This uniform, with the scarlet braided waistcoat was adopted in 1809 and introduced in 1810.

It seems that it was the parade uniform used up until 1812, but there were marching dress/campaign clothing used during this period.

Following the retreat from Moscow and the reorganisation of Le Grande Armee, the change of cut to the coat for all of the army was effected and so a coat without the waistcoat showing was adopted.

So, NO good for Waterloo :(

Love this team, so maybe you can use it for an earlier battle, like one against Wellington in Spain ????

John

Hi John,

you are a absolutly napoleonic spezialist!

I think this artillery train is a must have for me in my Waterloo dio, but I think it is no problem. A part of generals are wrong in the dio, Light Infantry Officer and standard bearer lined up with gunners etc.

What do you mean?

Best regards

Timo

I can't imagine what that is gonna cost ??????? {eek3}

John

Hi John,

My guess would be somewhere between 6 and $700. US.
I'm sure the price tag will have some running for the hills, but I'm also sure there will be more then a few collectors who would be more then happy to pay the price whatever it will be. This set would be a beautiful center piece and addition to the already incredible body of work First Legion have produced for Napoleonic Collectors around the world.

Wonderful set IMO, I'd love to have it but with so many other things I have to have first it will be a while before that becomes a reality. regards Gebhard

Hi John,

My guess would be somewhere between 6 and $700. US.

Yes, I thought that price as well.....

Luckily I am a painter, so I can purchase castings and bring them to life at an economical cost,

like my latest ...

MHSPgun2.jpg

by MHSP, the French maker.

hist3.jpg

and my HISTOREX plastic kit.

I also have a Hinchcliffe set to assemble and paint, so hope to exhibit that one next year.

But its great to see a maker putting this onto the market,

I do like it,
so well dome Matt,
I'm sure it will be very popular !!!

Jhn

Yes, I thought that price as well.....

Luckily I am a painter, so I can purchase castings and bring them to life at an economical cost,

like my latest ...

MHSPgun2.jpg

by MHSP, the French maker.

hist3.jpg

and my HISTOREX plastic kit.

I also have a Hinchcliffe set to assemble and paint, so hope to exhibit that one next year.

But its great to see a maker putting this onto the market,

I do like it,
so well dome Matt,
I'm sure it will be very popular !!!

Jhn

Hi John,

very nice - looks great!

When I can see more of your collection?

Timo

Hi John,

very nice - looks great!

When I can see more of your collection?

Timo

Timo,

you are most welcome to inspect my troops any time you are in Australia !!!!

If you are not planning on heading 'down under' in the near future, check out all my painting of toy soldiers here:

http://members.upnaway.com/~obees/soldiers/

On that front page only about 20% are in my collection, the remained are figures that I have painted for other collectors worldwide.

My troops are the 7 Years War and Napoleonic :)

Hope you like them,

John

The dispatches just came out and, among other things (and there are many), is an image of the next installation of Russians for Kunersdorf: Russian Musketeers ^&cool

View attachment 184051

This thread about the new Russian Musketeer of the Seven Years War sure went to a Napoleonic Artillery Thread real fast ^&grin
However, I'm most pleased with seeing this Musketeer and with the expectations of an entire line of them.
Looking forward to see the announcement of them.

Konrad

This thread about the new Russian Musketeer of the Seven Years War sure went to a Napoleonic Artillery Thread real fast ^&grin
However, I'm most pleased with seeing this Musketeer and with the expectations of an entire line of them.
Looking forward to see the announcement of them.

Konrad

Konrad

That is a superb figure and has your name all over it. Hope they they produce some marching and camp figures as part of the Russian series.

Randy

Konrad

That is a superb figure and has your name all over it. Hope they they produce some marching and camp figures as part of the Russian series.

Randy[/B]

Randy,
I have an idea right now with a number of shooting Musketeers in various poses, but to see non combat and/or camp figures of them, that would be the cream to top it:smile2:

Randy,
I have an idea right now with a number of shooting Musketeers in various poses, but to see non combat and/or camp figures of them, that would be the cream to top it:smile2:

Yes, I also agree about the camp scenes, much like what Matt did for the French Napoleonic series.

Its something I haven't seen by any maker of 7YW figures.

John

Timo,

you are most welcome to inspect my troops any time you are in Australia !!!!

If you are not planning on heading 'down under' in the near future, check out all my painting of toy soldiers here:

http://members.upnaway.com/~obees/soldiers/

On that front page only about 20% are in my collection, the remained are figures that I have painted for other collectors worldwide.

My troops are the 7 Years War and Napoleonic :)

Hope you like them,

John

Hi John,

absolutly awesome!!! You are a artist!!!

So many informations and so much great figures!

Thank you very much for your great link!

Now I must go and look to your website again.

Best regards

Timo

View attachment 184091

John
What a wonderful set!Unfortunately,with the Aussie dollar at only 72 cents US today,I will be saving a long time for this one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back