Sicilian Mercenary (1 Viewer)

debrito

Command Sergeant Major
Sicilian Mercenary 431-BC, 54 mm.

DSC_0027.jpg

DSC_0016.jpg

DSC_0033.jpg

DSC_0019.jpg

Not only do you do great dioramas but also turning into a fine painter.
Mark

Congratulations, Rod,
that is a fine job you did here.
Like Mark said, with your diorama works and now painting you are a very talented man.
Konrad

I am confused, this looks like a Hoplite to me. But, then I know very little about this era. I could use some education here.:confused::confused: Did you paint this?

I am confused, this looks like a Hoplite to me. But, then I know very little about this era. I could use some education here.:confused::confused: Did you paint this?

Thank guys.

You right Vampire it is a Hoplite Siciliota V century BC with a Thracian Helmet, and it is not suppose to be black, but I like to make changes... and Yes I assembled and painted using oils, I still working on the face.

Regards.

DSC_0004.jpg

Very nicely done, Rod! I like your work on the shield design especially.

Prost!
Brad

Very nicely done, Rod! I like your work on the shield design especially.

Prost!
Brad

Danke Brad,

I did in purpose by painted upside down, as I mentioned before I like to make some changes.....

A+

Thank you John,

I have painted another two figures, a few time ago, one is a Etruscan King from 5th BC and other is my Legionario from the Legio Augusta II 60-AD.

Rod.

Both were painting in oils.

DSC_0024.jpg

DSC_0016.jpg

DSC_0029-1.jpg

The Pilum is a little bended, just fixed

DSC_0005.jpg

DSC_0028.jpg

I like that Etruscan King very much.
A great figure.
Konrad

Great pieces and very well painted I like the gritty campaign look on the Romans face and you have the Armour excellently,and a super job on the Kings cloak. Again well done

Regards John

John, Konrad, M-Smith, Vicky and others, thank you very much, appreciated.

I have concentred my collection in Romans, Greeks, Barbarians and some Crusaders, I have a few figurines waiting to be painting but obligations and lack of time not allow me to start, I think be able to restart painting by this summer. By using oils, and take in consideration the dry timing it could take more than 2 weeks to enable me to finalize only one compete figure, so time is a big issue, plus I have a couples of dioramas to complete for My 2010. In other hand to improve and achieve a high quality-painting job, you have to keeping painting almost every week...

Again thanks a lot.

Ps. Vick, happy birthday again,

Cheers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back