Simcoe Day (1 Viewer)

BHogan

Sergeant Major
The first Monday in August (today) is known in Toronto as Simcoe Day in honour of John Graves Simcoe. Simcoe commanded the Queen's Rangers during the American War of Independence and later served as the first lieutenant-governor of Upper Canada (now the province of Ontario). Here's my tribute to this important figure in Canadian history using John Jenkins' Queen's Rangers, colonial Americans, and indigenous warriors.

Brendan

20240805_125744937_iOS.jpeg

Very nice set up and tribute Brendan. I love these figures and have most of them myself.

Very nice set up and tribute Brendan. I love these figures and have most of them myself.

Thanks Mark! They are amongst my favourite too. I believe John might have a few more pieces to do (I've heard the colours are on the list), but I'd be happy with any additions to the ranks of the Queen's Rangers. In the meantime, I'm enjoying his new Bunker Hill series. I'm hoping to visit Boston during some of the 250th anniversary commemorations for some diorama inspiration.

Brendan

In a recent correspondence with JJ he indicated that these Queen's Rangers were quite a hit I believe you are right in that a couple more figures may be forthcoming.

I will be all in on the Bunker Hill range and can't wait for the militia figures that were previewed last month to be released in the fall.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back