So what did you K&C collectors get for Christmas? (1 Viewer)

Jagdpanther

2nd Lieutenant
Myself I got all the new Battle Of The Bulge Americans and Rommel's Desert Taxi. Would be nice to no what some of you other collectors got.

No K&C due to timing. The big purchase was the M3 half-track and 105 mm howitzer with crew and all of the add-on figures just before Christmas. When all of the bits were added up, it came out to be $$$$. I am waiting for K&C to come out with a big AFV early in 2010 for my next major purchase.

I did get a few Figarti AFVs and some Panzer Tract magazines, some glue, some Vajello paint and a Tamiya weathering kit.

Terry

No figures or armour but but a book; ' D-Day ' by Anthony Beevor.
Always nice to read about the real people that are represented by your precious K&C figures!:D

Nap only for me: I got 4 retired K&C figures I was missing + added 2 recent releases + a couple Art I.G. figures + 1 FL and 4 Del Prado figures. I now need a 3rd curio cabinet (if you look at my album you will understand why ;))

I told my wife to hide my K&C calender away so I might forget it .....and I did..... she put in my stocking...... nice surprise......but I have learned from personal experience not to let your wife decide to add to your collection....... you will have doubles!!!!!!!

I got one each of the latest K&C UK Crimean war series (Present to myself!). The Coldstream Guards are great. Hope there are more releases in the pipeline! Just rewatching the 'Charge of the Light Brigade' on DVD.

I told my wife to hide my K&C calender away so I might forget it .....and I did..... she put in my stocking...... nice surprise......but I have learned from personal experience not to let your wife decide to add to your collection....... you will have doubles!!!!!!!

How does one get a K&C calendar?

How does one get a K&C calendar?

As far as I know, they were shipped to K&C Club members with the last batch of brochures a few months ago. Some dealers also seem to get some copies and give them to their good customers when they ship K&C models to them.

I think it was possible to order one directly from K&C but they are no longer shown as available.

Terry

I got the U.S. Navy Steam Launch and a few of the China Marines for myself.

Well - my Mom got me a couple of new Napoleonics :

NA 192 - Camp Follower

NA 191 - Saving the Boy

very nice.

And Mrs. Phillips played a little mis-direction and bought me NEW K&C CONFEDERATE RELEASES - Lee Tent Set (complete), Several Calvary Sets and the Longstreet Set. No complaints here :D

I guess I will have to get the Napoleonics on my own in 2010 - LOL ;)

Got some nice retired WWII germans and Americans, plus a special gift from Tim at troops of time a 2010 K&C calander, very nicely made with alot of info included in the calander...Sammy

I have one of the if not the best girl friend in the world. She got me the BBA010 Welcome to Bastogne and BBA007 The Price of Deception. Both look great with my other sets. I bought myself the BBA15s1 General Inspection. This has been a great Christmas.

I got the retired IWJ021 (Iwo Jima) Running for Cover four-man set made up of four U.S. Marines in various action poses. After going to the National Museum of the War in the Pacific in Fredericksburg, Texas (USA), it gave me a new appreciation for the events of the Pacific Theater. I also picked up the last of the U.S. and RAF pilots needed to complete my set for both collections. For reading material, I got the The War (by Ward and Burns) and A Yankee Flier Over Berlin (Avery), a fragile 65-year-old book that was published during the war and picked up at a used book store. All-in-all, a great Christmas.

Learned that the hard way with my girlfriend as well, I ended up with two Normandy Rommel's that way.

Now I've got an excel sheet for her (and the rest of my family) with item numbers and pictures, makes shopping so much easier!

John

I had a few Napoleonic Old Guards this year, to help fill my ranks.

2 x NA59 advancing 2 X NA60 marching 2 x NA153 kneeling firing & 2 X NA154 standing firing.

I've also had the nod from the wife ,to buy the new French line cannon & howitzer sets in the new year, if i behave myself at this years, new years eve party.:D:D:D
I got in a right state last year.:eek::eek::eek:

Best wishes Mark

I got the Halftrack(it was opened early, I was driving my girlfriend Crazy:p), The m-10,The new radio perator from the battle of the bulge
The winter attack figures from Figarti, o
winter panther, Half track jumpers from Collectors showcase.
And the Callendar from Sierra.

I got Jeb Stuart on horseback, Confederate officer marching, and Confederate drummer boy from different in-laws. I think my decision to switch to the Crusaders got out too late.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back