Sohk (1 Viewer)

King & Country

1st Lieutenant
Hi Guys,

In reply to “Jules 118” and his complaint of a lack of new items for this series… Are you telling me Jules that you have got every single item of this huge collection? This is probably the longest continuing run of any K&C range and has a huge amount of different items available… building facades… junks… figures… gateways… wedding parties etc., etc., etc.

As virtually every SOHK collector knows there are new items released every one or two months on a regular basis.

Re the “Pirate Junk” it’s finished carving… we even have a casting ready to be painted. However after “costing-it” we felt it might just be a bit too expensive to both produce and retail at this time.

Now, we are considering a smaller, less expensive version.

Hope this helps.
Best wishes,
Andy C.

Whatever happened to the Chinese figures to be used as opponents for the USN and USMC sets? We desperately need someone for the Yanks to be firing at. I was hoping we would see these in time for Christmas.

Randy

Hi Guys,

In reply to “Jules 118” and his complaint of a lack of new items for this series… Are you telling me Jules that you have got every single item of this huge collection? This is probably the longest continuing run of any K&C range and has a huge amount of different items available… building facades… junks… figures… gateways… wedding parties etc., etc., etc.

No Andy, I am saying that I have almost all the items in the currently available series that appeals to me. Unless you're suggesting that SOHK collectors must buy all the items before they can get new items? ;):p

As virtually every SOHK collector knows there are new items released every one or two months on a regular basis.

New SOHK items released every one or two months? I obviously must have missed something then, because I can't see it for this year even going through all the Dispatches related threads archived here. But, I'm not very smart with math so, if you say so. It's kinda academic anyway, the past is the past... it may have left me feeling that we SOHK collectors have been neglected, but what I am really interested in is some specifics as to what (if anything) is planned for us in the near future.

Like I said in my post, I think your products are all superb and the service that I have received has been exceptional... but my collection is at a point where there is not much more currently available in the series that I want and it's coming up to crunch time for me.

Re the “Pirate Junk” it’s finished carving… we even have a casting ready to be painted. However after “costing-it” we felt it might just be a bit too expensive to both produce and retail at this time.

Hope this helps.
Best wishes,
Andy C.

Great! Any chance of even just a pic to whet our appetites as to what was considered and what may be in store? And possibly a hint of what else (other than the Junk (as this is probably still a long way away) may be coming to hold our/my interest? You've been able to do this for other areas in recent times... so please?

cheers

jules

Whatever happened to the Chinese figures to be used as opponents for the USN and USMC sets? We desperately need someone for the Yanks to be firing at. I was hoping we would see these in time for Christmas.

Randy

Yes, I thought that this was also something that was hinted at and was eagerly awaiting, but think it may have been put on the back burner or shelved too.

Hi Guys,

Hope this helps.
Best wishes,
Andy C.

Dear Andy:
As I understand it the SOOHK series goes back to circa 1985 or soon after K&C got started. I got into SOOHK sets in 1994 and was still able to buy HK sets from the very start of the HK series. I now have well over 125 individual figures + buildings, boats the great bridge & jetty sections from circa 1996, etc. Yes, you certainly have a lot to chose from over all these years.
"Iron Brigade" / Gary

Last edited:
Hi Guys,

Hope this helps.
Best wishes,
Andy C.

Andy, as someone who has been dying for a Chinese Pirate Junk since you mentioned it at the Westcoaster, I'm actually happy that you are considering a smaller, less expensive version. If it was going to be anything like the San Pablo, that would have been too much for me in.

I would love something that's closer in size to the Steam Launch (a great release, by the way).

In the meantime, I am still hoping for the Chinese opposition that Polar Bear mentioned. Maybe it makes sense to release them along with the smaller Pirate ship, but I know ANYONE for the USN and China Marines to shoot at (besides poor civilians:) would make a lot of SOHK collectors happy.

This pirate junk would go great with Boxer rebellion forces as well. No one has ever done them in a highly detailed matte soldier. Food for thought.

This pirate junk would go great with Boxer rebellion forces as well. No one has ever done them in a highly detailed matte soldier. Food for thought.

I've always thought the SOHK line would make a great backdrop for the Boxer Rebellion. I considered buying some Boxer troops from another manufacturer, but like you said, I don't believe anyone's done them to K&C's standards.

I've always thought the SOHK line would make a great backdrop for the Boxer Rebellion. I considered buying some Boxer troops from another manufacturer, but like you said, I don't believe anyone's done them to K&C's standards.

Son true...but we need the Boxer rebellion to do it!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back