Soldier-Pac Closes Shop (2 Viewers)

Leadmen

2nd Lieutenant
I was reading in Toy-Soldier Collector magazine's Dec. issue that Soldier-Pac has closed shop.I don't know the reason Paul Stocker ceased selling his range of recast parts for antique figures. I ordered old Britain castings and parts from him. He had a nice inventory of castings from a variety of companies.His service will be missed. Leadmen:(

I was reading in Toy-Soldier Collector magazine's Dec. issue that Soldier-Pac has closed shop.I don't know the reason Paul Stocker ceased selling his range of recast parts for antique figures. I ordered old Britain castings and parts from him. He had a nice inventory of castings from a variety of companies.His service will be missed. Leadmen:(

John.

I have just noticed on their site that there is the following statement:

"PLEASE NOTE: For legal reasons we no longer produce our recast range of figures and repair accessories."

They appear to still be in business but not in re-casts :(

Jeff

Jeff: I also noticed that, but how will any castings or parts be available? Maybe as he says due to legal reasons, he could not produce the parts. I wonder if Britain's stopped it? He did have a permit from them to make parts as a authorized dealer unless something changed. Maybe they will solve this problem. John

Jeff: I also noticed that, but how will any castings or parts be available? Maybe as he says due to legal reasons, he could not produce the parts. I wonder if Britain's stopped it? He did have a permit from them to make parts as a authorized dealer unless something changed. Maybe they will solve this problem. John

I forgot about this company. I hope things will get straightened out.

...on kingdom, if not exactly species. Check out this website. I found the link while looking at pics from the guy in Australia. The prices are very reasonable. I had to read it twice to make sure they were metal and not plastic. I ordered the US Continental Marines. http://www.allthekingsmentoysoldiers.com/index.html

Last edited:
London Bridge Toys in Pennsylvania also has and makes just about anything you need to repair/replace older Britains.

Good luck,
D.

But unless they've renewed their molds you'll find them on the skinny side. Many other manufacturers (Ducal, Dorset, Fusilier to name a few) sell parts that are either dead on for WB replacements or provide new possibilities. Check their web sites or catalogs for more info.

Al

...on kingdom, if not exactly species. Check out this website. I found the link while looking at pics from the guy in Australia. The prices are very reasonable. I had to read it twice to make sure they were metal and not plastic. I ordered the US Continental Marines. http://www.allthekingsmentoysoldiers.com/index.html
They are really nice figures. Some of the best castings I have seen in my limited experience:)

I ordered the USCMC. The total cost, with shipping was 35. I will see. He said he would send out on Mon/Tues? Just passed .. so should get shortly. No plans for the other castings of the other armies he has yet. He indicated that most were for 'inhouse' use. What a crime...

I ordered the USCMC. The total cost, with shipping was 35. I will see. He said he would send out on Mon/Tues? Just passed .. so should get shortly. No plans for the other castings of the other armies he has yet. He indicated that most were for 'inhouse' use. What a crime...

Gregg you will not be disapointed.:)

Gregg you will not be disapointed.:)
They came today, my sack o' soldiers. You aren't kidding. What a value! I can't buy the molds, do the time, pay for the metal and get as nice a castings as these are. They are indeed spectacular. Very, very nice work.
Oh,... my techs got me the Rogers Rangers molds (kneeling/standing firing) as Christmas presents. I "liberated" some single edge blades so I could get started venting them during some down periodds at work today. I can't waste a single second and time is of the essence.
Also got the Berdan's Sharpshooter mold. *Very* crisp casting. Easy assembly: Hands and rifle are intergral. Just plug in with some JB weld overnight and you're good to go, ready to launch.

They came today, my sack o' soldiers. You aren't kidding. What a value! I can't buy the molds, do the time, pay for the metal and get as nice a castings as these are. They are indeed spectacular. Very, very nice work.
Oh,... my techs got me the Rogers Rangers molds (kneeling/standing firing) as Christmas presents. I "liberated" some single edge blades so I could get started venting them during some down periodds at work today. I can't waste a single second and time is of the essence.
Also got the Berdan's Sharpshooter mold. *Very* crisp casting. Easy assembly: Hands and rifle are intergral. Just plug in with some JB weld overnight and you're good to go, ready to launch.

Which one is the Berdan Mold? I have some mad money and am going to get some molds soon.

Which one is the Berdan Mold? I have some mad money and am going to get some molds soon.
LA-1602 is the Berdan's mold. I also got the British ARW stand/firing, British ARW marching, US NCO with M-1 Carbine, German winter mortar loader, German mortar, both firing molds for Rogers' Rangers (sidebar: figures for RR go together nice. I haven't had good results with the firing Indian though. Might want to prime and paint inside the arm and the torso because it's a $%#@* when it's assembled), British Napoleonic advancing. The US NCO was a 1 piece mold so it met the critical Christmas criteria of being able to be cast **and** painted on the same day. Bad news however,...I went downstairs and my hot plate died!!! What a horrible day for that to happen. I got special dispensation to cast (briefly....) on the 'real' stove. Man, that sucker melts metal fast! Foom! It was liquid! Makes one want to do it there *all* the time....mmmmm

Last edited:
I had a good email conversation with Ken from "All the Kings Men." I am thinking of commissioning a master for home casting. It would run about 400 but there isn't one on the market in any form and this would be conducive for home casting. I want to have one made of a marching Russian/North Korea/China clutching an AK-47 to the chest. I think I could have it done with soft cap/peaked cap/helmet/sailor hat. You could make your own parade through Red Square/Bejing/Your totalitarian regime here place. Any interest??

Just ordered about a dozen molds from Dutkins and Castings. Mostly Civil War and Zulu stuff. Arty too!:eek:

what did you think about the idea of the marching soldier? let me know what molds you get...I'll let you know if I've discovered any pitfalls!

what did you think about the idea of the marching soldier? let me know what molds you get...I'll let you know if I've discovered any pitfalls!

As far as ideas go it is tops! No one has anything like it I am sure.

Ordered a Parrot rifle from the castings guy and a couple of ACW molds one or two of the zymac molds as well. Ordered the Zulus from Dutkins the Zulu with a rifle. Then the 24th set of figures. Then a set of arty guys for ACW. And a Zouave officer:)

the zulu (LA) is a Big Guy. The 24th are scale. The Zouave officer (with sword) in LA is kind of a funky angle. I mean, he works....until you try to duplicate the pose yourself. The head needs to be turned counterclockwise about 30 deg. I personally think that the zymac molds work best with subpar metal...ie lead. Anything too good and it causes undo flash.

the zulu (LA) is a Big Guy. The 24th are scale. The Zouave officer (with sword) in LA is kind of a funky angle. I mean, he works....until you try to duplicate the pose yourself. The head needs to be turned counterclockwise about 30 deg. I personally think that the zymac molds work best with subpar metal...ie lead. Anything too good and it causes undo flash.

Gregg, Thanks for the tips. Hoping to see some of the moldz today:D

Correction! some of the molds from Castings arrived. Cannon wheel is not coming out. Venting the crap out of it. Ideas?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back