Soldiers made out of rubber. Any info on these figures? (1 Viewer)

MikeNick

Sergeant
Batch 2 of Ebay Items for Sale 056a.jpgBatch 2 of Ebay Items for Sale 058a.jpg Can anyone help me identify the maker of these two Germans? They are made out of rubber.
Thanks
MikeNick

Hi There.

I agree with the last post too. There were a few makers over in the old Eastern Block that made figures out of rubber. I have some from East Germany (see attached) and have been looking for ones here in Poland. They are great figures and I am really glad to see someone else has a few too. Where did you pick them up?

DaveDDRsoldiers.jpg

I had some of those as a kid, they were sold as single figures on blister cards with a quick Britains detail style paint job and were copies of the Airfix WWII figures made by a company called Bachman. I think they had like 6 poses each of the Germans, British, Japs and American figures if I remember correctly?
I have seen them for sale on Ebay from time to time, still on the blister cards. There was a seller on there that had quite a few of them BUY IT NOW for $12 bucks each and at that price I,ll bet he still has them??? Can,t remember the seller though.

Here is a link I found with a few pics! Scroll down.
http://www.angelfire.com/biz/toysoldierhq/Foreign1.html

Last edited:
DM- I have these same ComBloc figures. They are some of my favorite due to their background. I found mine in a antique store on a Gettysburg trip several years back.

...I have some from East Germany (see attached) and have been looking for ones here in Poland...

Interesting, because your figures, Dave, depict NVA soldiers. So it looks like the Eastern bloc manufacturer who copied the Airfix figures modified them for the local market. I'm curious to see the results of your searching there in Poland.

Prost to you in Stettin!
Brad

Users who are viewing this thread

Back