Somerset Ltd. (1 Viewer)

lancer

Lieutenant General
I have probably asked this before, but with over 1000 members, does nobody collect or even have any of Ron's figures? -- lancer

I have a few of his figures and, as many of us have said, they are some of the finest figures made. Oddly enough, I just put in my cabinet the three Somerset sets I bought in Chicago in September.

I have figures representing 6 different Indian lancer regiments, including a camel unit. These are really fine figures but I have not branched out beyond the lancers with the exception of a single camel mounted Lawrence of Arabia. Been quite a while since I have added to the line. -- lancer

It has been a long time since I posted on this thread but I have new additions to report. Through the incredible generosity of fellow forum member Konrad (Kogu), I have been able to add 4 figures to my Indian Lancers collection. This occurred a few months ago but it just struck me to look this thread up and post. Konrad sent me 3 mounted Queens Own Corp of Guides that consisted of an officer, rifleman, and a very coveted standard bearer. He also sent me a camel mounted trooper of the 25th Punjab Frontier Force to add to my previous 25th figures. I have also been able to add another camel figure through the efforts of George at Minuteman Toy Soldiers. He found a camel mounted kettle drummer of the Birkinir Camel Corps to add to my previously lonesome Birkinir CC NCO. These recent additions have raised my number of Somerset Indian Lancer figures to a fine 46. It has been 20 years or more since I have been able to add so many figures to my Somerset collection. Greatly appreciated, gentlemen.:salute:: -- Al

I have a few Somerset figures as well they are pretty nice and I wish I had more. Can you post some photos?

Dave

I have a few Somerset figures as well they are pretty nice and I wish I had more. Can you post some photos?

Dave
Hi Dave. Wish I could but the extent of my technical ability is finding this forum and typing. I keep trying to get my daughter up here to take photos for posting and for insurance, but she is very busy and has not had time to do it. I would love to post pictures like everyone else but I'm just too computer illiterate. -- Al

Hi Dave. Wish I could but the extent of my technical ability is finding this forum and typing. I keep trying to get my daughter up here to take photos for posting and for insurance, but she is very busy and has not had time to do it. I would love to post pictures like everyone else but I'm just too computer illiterate. -- Al

Hi Al

What about sending pictures via email? If you can attach them to an email to me I would happily post them for you

Cheers

Martyn:)

Hi Al

What about sending pictures via email? If you can attach them to an email to me I would happily post them for you

Cheers

Martyn:)
That's a very nice offer, Martyn, but the problem is I don't have a camera, nor would I know how to send them via e-mail. One of these days I'll get my daughter out here and get it done. Hopefully before I'm dead.:rolleyes2: -- Al

I have had a really good week on E-Bay in regards to my Somerset Indian Camel Corps. I have managed to add 2 addition troopers to my 27th Punjab Camel Corps collection, including a standard bearer. This now gives me 8 of the 27th Punjab and 2 of the Birkiner CC. Unfortunately I was outbid on 5 other Somerset auctions but I take what I can get.:rolleyes2: I also won an auction on a grouping of 7 King & Country Camel Corps figures, at an incredibly fair price. Couldn't believe that one.^&grin -- Al

Were you bidding on the Lawrence items?
Brad, I did not bid on any Lawrence figures. I only have the first figure Somerset did in that series, Lawrence seated on a standing camel, that I bought from Ron personally at a show in Annapolis (maybe, could have been N. Vir., my memory has faded on that point). I only collect the Indian cavalry and Camel Corps, and only 1 or 2 every few years...if that. -- Al

Well, thank goodness for that Al. I bid on four of those and managed to win three.

Well, thank goodness for that Al. I bid on four of those and managed to win three.
That's a great get. I always seem to lose the auctions on Somerset. I just don't have deep enough pockets, so I have to get lucky. -- Al

I may have won the other- and already have it- will need to check- lt me know if you want it!
G

Thanks but I may wait on your offer, if you don’t mind.

On a separate matter, there are several camels to be auctioned off this weekend by Old Toy Soldiers Auction but they already seem rather pricey.

I have bought a Lawrence of Aribia figure from Ron every year at Chicago if he was there. It along with one set of Monarch samurai from Ted was the "gift" to myself at every show.
I only have about 12 or so mounted figures and maybe 8 to 10 non mounted along with two of the turk sets. They are some of the best of my collection and would likely be the last to ever go.
Heck it took me a few years to where I could even afford one so I would look at them online and dream. Imagine dial up internet loading a picture so slowly....
I haven't heard from him in quite a while and heard he moved from Tennessee (to texas). Really nice gentle guy who is makes some amazing toy soldiers.

Chuck

I have bought a Lawrence of Aribia figure from Ron every year at Chicago if he was there. It along with one set of Monarch samurai from Ted was the "gift" to myself at every show.
I only have about 12 or so mounted figures and maybe 8 to 10 non mounted along with two of the turk sets. They are some of the best of my collection and would likely be the last to ever go.
Heck it took me a few years to where I could even afford one so I would look at them online and dream. Imagine dial up internet loading a picture so slowly....
I haven't heard from him in quite a while and heard he moved from Tennessee (to texas). Really nice gentle guy who is makes some amazing toy soldiers.

Chuck
According to his website, Ron is now located in Edgewood, New Mexico. Used to see him at the local show in Annapolis but it has been years since I have seen him. He makes a fantastic product. -- Al

According to his website, Ron is now located in Edgewood, New Mexico. Used to see him at the local show in Annapolis but it has been years since I have seen him. He makes a fantastic product. -- Al

Good to know, I was wondering if he was doing well. I

I emailed him yesterday but have not heard back from him.

It is true- I have a spare Auda figure. (LA4) with box. Anthony Quinn look a like.
PM me for details-
open to trade.

These are a great run of figures. I wonder how many a maker like this would have made? I am always curious.

anyway, let me know if you need this Auda figure.
G

Users who are viewing this thread

Back