Sons of the South (6 Viewers)

M'm may be yankess but ey in the land of cotton and bar b que for shore. Sides if yur stuff was going thru Memphis I'd have a better shot at gettin it on the sly.:rolleyes:

I got my first sets in today. I took conte offer of buy 6 get the 7th free with free shipping. Good deal. I have to say very nice. Shiloh i Have to tell you your going to love Canister!

Received my sets today. Nice figures, but they're HUGH 60mm K&C scale. Will not fit with other Conte sets or Britains.

Received my sets today. Nice figures, but they're HUGH 60mm K&C scale. Will not fit with other Conte sets or Britains.

Are you kidding me? The reason I started collecting older Conte sets was to get ready for the SOS sets. Can you post some pictures of the new set with the older sets please? This will be a bad twist because K & C reduced their size to be compatiable with Britains and Conte. RC posted on another sight that they were perfectly compatable. Thanks a million for the post I trust your opinion so have put any purchases on hold.:mad:

I got my first sets in today. I took conte offer of buy 6 get the 7th free with free shipping. Good deal. I have to say very nice. Shiloh i Have to tell you your going to love Canister!

Hey Tommy what's your take on the size difference? It's killing me not to order especially now that you have said cannister is great. Somebody please post some side by side pictures. Joe posted a great diorama but it doesn't clearly show size. Help frustrated in the south.:eek:

KV where are you boy I need to know if you got your sets? The sun has gone down so get outta your coffin and get to doing some useful. We got a kink in our slinky and things is going down hill fast.;)

Oh man I think I'm gonna be ill. They ain't even close. To wait this long only to get hosed. Crap (it's as strong a word as I will post) but I'm thinking something else. Thanks Toy Soldier brigade for the fast response. I'm going to get a beer this is more than I can take

Oh man I think I'm gonna be ill. They ain't even close. To wait this long only to get hosed. Crap (it's as strong a word as I will post) but I'm thinking something else. Thanks Toy Soldier brigade for the fast response. I'm going to get a beer this is more than I can take

hey shiloh

isn't that a F kick in the head for ya, just another brain busting dissapointment from Conte himself, guess they don't care about previous releases, why make them compatible, it only makes cense
now this said, i will hold back my more serious comments til my SOS arrive and see with my own eye side by side, picture could be deceiving, but looks like we are all ....................................F

I just about can't stand to read this thread now. There has been a lot of Conte bashing in the past and apparently it may be deserved. Toy soldier I look forward to reading what I feel will be a most colorful posting from you. In everybodies opinion will cannister go with the old sets? I plan on displaying my collection in a Diorama and can't handle another size.

Hey Shiloh,

go to http://conteco.com/ShilohSize.htm

I hope it helps. Dioramas are my thing and the figures work for me. Also keep checking the blog at conteco.com/blog.htm. Eventually I'll get some larger dioramas posted.
Joe

fine sir

there is no doubt that your diorama work is second to none, your display, enhanced photography is amazing, now this being said it is very easy to manipulate a 4x6 photo and make it look good with different size figures but when you have a 2' x 2' display and you want to mix and match figures with this size difference in life to the naked eye it will look totally unproportioned, one would have to scatter the sized figures dramatically for it to look half way decent, and a 2x2 display is of decent size, what about a smaller diorama, don't think its going to work very well.

of course i did not expect any explanation to the change in size of the figures, its typical, ignore the problem and it will go away, nope, no sir, not this time.

i can not accept your opinion as it is not a unbiased one, you basically work for this company in some compacity, displaying product, website and such.

the quality, sculpting, and painting of the figures from what i have seen online is GREAT, is honestly some of the better stuff from Conte.
the whole size issue would not be as big of a deal (for those who care about size) if opposing troops were released at the same time or even in a reasonable amount of time but i fear this will not be the case.

i can't believe this was not brought to the collectors attention earlier on instead of waiting til one gets them to get nothing but a big surprise.
i am also quite sure sure we will see some sort of response down the line on the Conte site that the SOS are being praised by their thousands of colectors and how great the figures are with only a few in the minority not happy about size, so the statement will be something like

"we try our best but can't please everyone"

Shiloh, i feel for you, you have gone out to get some of the older sets to have this thrown right back in your face, i see why you would be "ill"

all of this is coming from a long long time collector of Conte, metal, plastics and playsets as well as a big supporter of Conte in the past,

no company bashing goin on here "just the fact's ma'am"

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

**** toy soldier world :eek:

I own almost every Conte ACW figure, and been collecting them since they first hit the market. I was a little shocked when I opened the first of my new SOS sets and saw the size difference. I was also disappointed that they are not compatible with all of my other figure sets. They are nice figures, but I still may send all of them back or I will have to just display them by themselves. I'm also curious if this is going to be the size of all of Conte's future Civil War releases ? Or if they plan on releasing some Union sets in this new GIGANTIC size !

its a good thing i am renovating my basement right now, have a 5' x 8' brick fireplace to destroy this weekend, am quite sure all my frustrations about this will be taken out on that brick and mortar :D
should feel better by the end of the weekend, not sure now if i even want to open my SOS sets when they arrive lol

I own almost every Conte ACW figure, and been collecting them since they first hit the market. I was a little shocked when I opened the first of my new SOS sets and saw the size difference. I was also disappointed that they are not compatible with all of my other figure sets. They are nice figures, but I still may send all of them back or I will have to just display them by themselves. I'm also curious if this is going to be the size of all of Conte's future Civil War releases ? Or if they plan on releasing some Union sets in this new GIGANTIC size !

who knows what the thinking is over there in Conte land, i just wonder about those vikings now...............................:eek:

I just started reading the threads, I am not a metal collector. I am a big Conte fan, this is not good. There was nothing said about the size difference. I know I also would be very disapointed getting larger scale than I expected. I hope this will be worked out some way. I hope the future releases are not going to change to K&C scale. I hope the GI's stay the same. Try to get in touch with RC, and maybe he can give you a total refund, or work out a plastic deal for you. That's a bummer for sure. Mike.:eek:

Make it a non -alcoholic one for me. Hosed? That is kind of mild for how I feel. I am so tired of people changing sizes all the time. Writing from secure coffin

KV do you have your sets yet? I think from your tone that you do. To think I let a Britains union firing line go and a command set to save money to buy a SOS command set. If anybody has a Britains 17663 union firing line if you have one you want to sell I am in the market.:eek:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back