SLGM-4(L).jpg
    15.7 KB · Views: 200
  • SLGM-2(L).jpg
    SLGM-2(L).jpg
    24.8 KB · Views: 196
  • SLGM-3(L).jpg
    SLGM-3(L).jpg
    38.2 KB · Views: 193
For the first time in a long time I found some time to get myself in front of some new TS today at a bricks and mortar shop. Treefrog Treasures shop in fact. One of my objectives was to have a look at these Grattan massacre figures up close before deciding to buy them or not, and I was impressed enough to buy the 2 still in stock. Yes, the other 3 were out of stock, so I guess these are selling pretty good and Shannon confirms this to be the case. Hats off to this new young producer and looking forward to getting the rest as they become available. Also, will have to find some good reading material about this event I think. :)

MD

Let us wait to see the next figures in uniform, mounted soldiers too

Attachments

• SLGM-6.jpg
    SLGM-6.jpg
    15.8 KB · Views: 184
Let us wait to see the next figures in uniform, mounted soldiers too

Well here is a photo of an unpainted sculpt on the company's blog site for starters. I've PM'ed the mfr. with questions, but have not yet received a reply.

MD

Attachments

• USinfantry1.jpg
    USinfantry1.jpg
    17.7 KB · Views: 187
Sorry, I still don't know how to set up a link to this for you directly. But, there is a link to the company blog page posted in a previous thread about South Land miniatures. It is also under more manufacturers towards the top of page 3 currently.

MD

I understand this new company is under the Beau Geste and Honour Bound banner and are made in Argentina.

This collection was released US soldiers on horseback? :confused:

Saludos Argentina,desde España,Greetings from Spain to Argentina

This post could have gone in the movies thread too I suppose, but this seemed an appropriate place to comment. This weekend I have been watching a Steven Spielberg Dreamworks miniseries called "Into the West". I'd missed this when it originally aired a few years ago. Very enjoyable story-telling starting in the 1830's or so and will end in the late 1800's I suspect. Towards the middle of episode 3 they included the Grattan massacre which was a pleasant surprise. Don't know the actor who played the prickly Lt. Gratton, and they cast a suitably scuzzy looking fellow to play the drunken interpreter who is purported to have started the trouble. Good old Graham Greene played Chief Conquering Bear, the Brule or Minneconjou Lakota chief who was killed during this fight. Highly recommend this series to anybody interested in the history of America's West, and.....looking forward to seeing the rest of this TS range develop too. :)

MD

Those that have these they are nice? Will they go with K@C real West? I buy from Sierra but they still dont have them in stock yet, patience is running out! HA Ha

This collection will go well with the Real West of K & C if Dragoons Cavalry, Infantry only I do not like.:D

I'm not sure you will want to plan on trying to mix these with the k&C figures, but if you are into this historical period I suspect you will enjoy these and want to display them as a group on their own. I hope to collect both as they are released over time.

MD

Scaling down ops on the home front for the forseeable future, but added a few more nice looking figures today including another really nice looking fellow from South Land Miniatures. Pictured here with one of the Black Hawk figures for comparison's sake. In addition to fine paint finish, these guys have a nice heft to them. Looking forward to adding the rest in time. :)

MD

Attachments

• newTS 001.jpg
    newTS 001.jpg
    46.3 KB · Views: 73
  • newTS 002.jpg
    newTS 002.jpg
    49.8 KB · Views: 70

Users who are viewing this thread

Back