Soviet Panther (2 Viewers)

Combat,

I was just on the HB site a few days ago looking at the updated pics, didn't realize the price adjustment. The captured panther is a clever idea and a nice looking set however I have to pass on it right now, funds are being allocated to the berge-panthers.

The 4 figure troops arrived the other day, very very nice. Ana, my compliments to the crew at HB HQ.

Some German armour in the field gray please, for us eastern front guys. Looking forward to the Hanomag and the Tiger release.

Oh one more thing, the sculpt and figures are without a dought first rate, but please no more Germans cuddling little piglettes:D , thanks

Last edited:
Guys!

I got price for the Soviet Panther wrong at the website. The real one is $155. I already corrected it.

The difference with the WP is mainly because the SP has the same photoedged brass grids and hatches that the Bergepanthers have, and that the WP doesn't have.

Sorry for all this mess. My mistake. I fully apologize.:eek:

Ana

From the above website:

Since 1943, Soviets captured some number of various variants of Panther, which equipped some of their tank units such as Lieutenant Sotnikov's Guard Company. This unit used captured Panthers as late as spring of 1945, when they had 3 Ausf As, while operating in Prague (Praga) - district of Warsaw. Soviets held Panthers in high regard and considered captured Panther to be a prize. Captured Panthers were then given to successful crews as a kind of reward. In order to keep them running captured German mechanics were pressed into service and in 1944, Panther's manual was printed in Russian for distribution among tank crews. Captured vehicles temporarily remained in their original colors but with markings of their new owners. Later, some were repainted in dark green and were marked with large tactical markings and white stars for indentification purposes.

Attachments

• sovpanth.jpg
    sovpanth.jpg
    20.1 KB · Views: 341
For comparison:

Attachments

• HBSP1.jpg
    HBSP1.jpg
    70.3 KB · Views: 225
Doug, everyone,

Here are the images which inspired our Soviet Panther. They are from the Steel Masters Hors Serie # 8 magazine, from Histoire et Collections editions.
img007.jpg

img008.jpg

img009.jpg

Ana

Ana-
Its great to see the original source material. I wish there was a little more of that from the manufacturers. It adds a nice historical element to the hobby.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back