Spamed or not?" (2 Viewers)

You might get spam but if you have a spam folder, you should be ok.

As KV said i tried to reply but his inbox was full.

Rob

You might get spam but if you have a spam folder, you should be ok.

Brad

I got the same as everyone else.
I used one of my older computers to check web site. Then sent this private message.
Turing

Thanks for the Hi.
I hope you find our forum meets your Toy Soldier needs. We welcome new people and have members all over the world. We are a family and sometimes have family squabbles & misunderstandings. We still look after each other and have a good time.

I went to your web site. I want to point out to you this forum is not the place for a person to push a personal agendas and religion.
Now have said this here hoping you will enjoy our company and we yours. Looking forward to your Toy Soldier input.

He has not read this mail to date.

got one to,and replied not wanting to be anti-social,guess i should should stay anti -social:D

I got that one too a couple of days back, I didnt reply as their
was no name on the message which I thought was a little strange
for someone saying hello .

I don't want to be left out, I got one too, though I did respond back to his message. Hopefully nothing will go wrong with the computer. Since I am in business I didn't want to diss anyone!!!

Sue

I got the PM on Tuesday. I read it and didn't feel right about it, so I did not respond. It is now deleted.

I also got one. Did anyone click on that link??? I never click on these links from people I don,t know. Can you get a computor virus or hacked from these links????

I'm no expert but I don't believe you can get a virus but you can get hacked. A few years ago I got a fake ebay email, clicked on the link and my account was stolen. The hijacker bid on a number of things which ebay detected and locked my account. It took me a month or so to get it back. It was a real pain, let me tell ya. As a result, I never click on something unless I'm 100 percent sure. That's why I'm concerned about the Figarti site not being secure.

Hi Brad,

I'm with you on this a few years ago my aol account got hijacked because of the same sort of circumstance had to close the account and do all sorts of stuff to make sure we were secure after that, so I am with you never click on the link unless I know its secure. Better safe than sorry.

All the best

Dave

I got it too a few days ago and reported to Treefrogs but Shannon wasn't there so it was sent to Brad to take care of it. This exact same spam also hit other forums also.

The solution for a person like this is to ban him. Unfortunately, I don't have that ability so I will have to have Shannon take care of it. I think the odds of him coming back are low but you never know.

I also got one from this guy on the 26th. of July. Trusting me didnt think anything about it until I came upon this thread

Re: Spammed or not?

Poof! All your private messages from this spammer are now gone as is the spammer himself whom we have banned for eternity.
The name "turing" sort of gave him away. The Turing Test from the 50's involves computers trying to pass themselves off as human through typed conversation.
Here is a link if you want to learn more:
http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=turing test .
There does not appear to be any reason for alarm if you responded to a private message or clicked on the link in the signature. The link is no longer a valid link although I actually had nothing to do with that!;)

Thank you to all who contacted us alerting us of the pm spam. It appears that the message was sent to only 17 people on the board in a PM using the "send to multiple users" option. If they were truly smart, be they human or robot, they would not have chosen to draw attention to themselves by sending a message to the member named "test." It is not hard to figure out that "test" is the account our web tech people use when they need to investigate a problem and the messages sent to "test" go right to me the administrator.

Anyway, as you were. No cause for alarm.
Regards,

Yeah, I received that message as well. Being Not So Young, But Still Pretty Dumb....I replied, but haven't heard anything back yet. doesn't seem to have caused any harm, but guess I need to be more careful in future.
:mad:
Cheers
H

Yeah, I received that message as well. Being Not So Young, But Still Pretty Dumb....I replied, but haven't heard anything back yet. doesn't seem to have caused any harm, but guess I need to be more careful in future.
:mad:
Cheers
H

Rest assured that you won't hear anything back. That user is deleted, every post and private message that he sent and received is now just vapor in the mist of the internet. Gone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back