Spanish Civil War (1 Viewer)

Alfonso

Hi,

I'm new to miniature soldiers but became very interested once I started researching them. Anyways, I'm new to this but because of my Spanish heritage, I was wondering where I could start collecting Spanish Civil war figures and even to go on and start building dioramas.

Thanks

PS Which companies produce the better figures?

Alfonso,

Bienvenidos a el Forum. The company that produces the most detailed figures today is King and Country. King and Country through Del Prado makes some figures for the Spanish Civil War. However, I do not know of any other company making figures for the Guerra Civil. The United Kingdom version of Ebay has many Del Prado auctions so you may be able to find all of the Spanish Civil War figures there.

Buena suerte.

Dear Alfonso,

Issue 95 of the Toy Soldier and Model Figure Magazine has an article about the Spanish Civil War and lists some manufacturers who make toy soldiers from this war. The article names three Spanish companies: Alymer, Sanquez and Julia and the UK-based Irregular Miniatures. I'm not sure if Alymer is still in operation. As for the Del Prado figures recommended by Brad (Jazzeum), please note not all Del Prado figures are done to the same standard as King and Country's own branded figures -- just look carefully before you bid or buy.:)

Hi,

There are a lot of Spanish Civil War figures on ebay as we speak. I have also seen a lot of Alymer but mainly Napoleonic Wars figures. Do a search on ebay and I am sure you will find some sooner or later.

Welcome to the forum.

Dave

There is a company in Uruguay called Hiriart which produces Spanish Civil War sets. Their line has 40 sets, usually 9 figures per set. I have eight sets in my collection including FET & JONS Militia, Falange de Morocco, Carlist Requettes de Navarra, Spanish Infantry, Falange Espanola, Italian XXIII Marzo Division Black Shirts, and Mehal-La Halifina Infantry. There is an Italian company called SAIMEX which sells them in Europe. Do a Google search for SAIMEX or Hiriart to find their website.

The Hriart range does not feature many republicans in its ranks, and the prices vary a lot:

http://www.elinfante-toysoldier.com/productoing.asp?subcategoria=hiriart

Barcelona Universal Models (BUM) make good cheap, plastic sets but mostly at 1/72nd scale:

http://www.bumslot.com/

Note also that Toy Soldier and Model Figure Magazine produced a feature on the Spanish Civil War in the February 2006 edition, which identified a number of figures:

http://www.toy-soldier.com/article2006.asp?id=49

Apart from Del Prado there are plenty of metal figures out there, but most come in kit form.

Last edited:
You are correct that Hiriart does not have any Republican sets. The prices do vary a great deal in Europe, but are fairly consistent here in the USA. In Europe, Elinfante 's list price is 207 Euros, but SAIMEX charges only 85 Euros for the same sets albeit with 8 figures instead of the 9 in Elinfante. You can buy the same sets in the USA for $110.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back