Stadden Blues & Drummer (1 Viewer)

Cardigan600

Memoriam Member
Yo Troopers, just cleaned the new models up that arrived yesterday, the old guy was a bit of a smoker God Bless him Tut Tut:rolleyes:.
First is Chas Stadden # 30. N.C.O. Of The Blues & Royals 1978.

Second is Chas Stadden # 131. Drummer Scots Guards 1984. (Bugled).
There is also a Drummer Scots Guards # 130 with his right arm at his side holding a Drum Stick.

Two more fine looking Troopers for the collection from the Master;).
Bernard.

Attachments

• SL731674.JPG
    SL731674.JPG
    74.3 KB · Views: 268
  • SL731676.JPG
    SL731676.JPG
    79.7 KB · Views: 223
Bernard, what do you use to clean your figures?...........As you know I use petrol and a distemper brush on your figures before I paint them.....;):D

Just wondered...........?

Jeff

Bernard, what do you use to clean your figures?...........As you know I use petrol and a distemper brush on your figures before I paint them.....;):D

Just wondered...........?

Jeff

:eek:lol, musn't light a fag when one of your parcels arrive. Just give them a good dust down with a soft distemper brush:D. Then fairy liquid with warm water and cotton buds. I used 20 double ended cotton buds on these two. WARNING Troopers dont touch the writing on the title, found out the hard way it comes off. Must ask Andy & Geoff what it was they used for the title looks like ink or the likes, or maybe trooper will know;). Think he mentioned something a while back that they used printers inks in the early days.
Bernard.

Think these might be a couple of figures i painted .Used to get driven made with the lace on the Drummer !

When cleaning a painted figure simple water and lemon jucie with a little washing up luquid.KA figures again work well in same solution. I never cleaned figures myself , to **** lazy.
The lettering is simple. Its gloss IVORY Humbrol 41 . Very carfully painted streak free. One coat should do the trick .Try and avoid the letters.When dry slap on black water colour , work into letters .When dry use tissue to remove excess from surface , leaving in the letters .Then varnish . As the meerkat would say 'SIMPLES'

When cleaning a painted figure simple water and lemon jucie with a little washing up luquid.KA figures again work well in same solution. I never cleaned figures myself , to **** lazy.
The lettering is simple. Its gloss IVORY Humbrol 41 . Very carfully painted streak free. One coat should do the trick .Try and avoid the letters.When dry slap on black water colour , work into letters .When dry use tissue to remove excess from surface , leaving in the letters .Then varnish . As the meerkat would say 'SIMPLES'

Yo Trooper, Cheers Andy for the info. So does this mean all I have to do is get Black water colour & I can go over the Life Guard (Dismounted) title I made a pills of when cleaning. Also does this mean I can join the Club as a Stadden painter:rolleyes: lmao (dream on).
Bernard.

When cleaning a painted figure simple water and lemon jucie with a little washing up liquid.KA figures again work well in same solution. I never cleaned figures myself , to **** lazy.

............so no petrol and a distemper brush then??? :confused:

Jeff

Are we talking about removing the protectant from the figures? I just found some custom Staddens and they have tin bases with a thin whitewash.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back