Stadden Queens Dowager (1 Viewer)

Cardigan600

Memoriam Member
Yo Troopers, just doing a deal for this Chas Stadden model # 10 Officer Of The Queens Dowagers Regiment Of Foot 1680. The Title Queen Dowager is the wife of a deceased King. So this being 1680 must have been Catherine Of Braganza's Regiment wife of Charles 11. Now if the facts are wrong my mate (trooper) will put it right;). Always liked this model, think I would have looked good in this outfit:rolleyes: NO I am not a cross dresser lol, before the hounds come in lol. I went to a fancy dress in a similar costume to this it was brill, played the part right down to a tee, really enjoyed it, and of course got the first prize. But also didn't have to wear a wig lol already had the hair style (happy Days) and if you think I am kidding, I will dig the photo's out:).
(Beau Brummel eat your heart out):D
Bernard.

Attachments

• Stadden Queens Dowager.jpg
    Stadden Queens Dowager.jpg
    20.7 KB · Views: 258
I think you are kidding, Bernard :D
Great figure though. All the Best for the deal.
Konrad

Yo Konrad, you think I was kidding OK Trooper take a look at this. First one getting ready for the fancy dress NOTE the Dowager dress:D Second proof of the Dowager hair:D was 49 at the time, had my hair like that until I was 63 years old:cool: As I said (happy days).
Bernard.

Apologies will be accepted, if you grovel lol.

Attachments

• Bern Dowager.jpg
    Bern Dowager.jpg
    52.8 KB · Views: 140
  • Bern Dowager hair.jpg
    Bern Dowager hair.jpg
    31.6 KB · Views: 137
1st great Stadden figure Bernard

2nd that a snazzy get up you have there :)

3rd you look like Billy Connelly in the pic with the dog.

Yo Konrad, you think I was kidding OK Trooper take a look at this. First one getting ready for the fancy dress NOTE the Dowager dress:D Second proof of the Dowager hair:D was 49 at the time, had my hair like that until I was 63 years old :cool: As I said (happy days).
Bernard.

Christ Bernard! :eek:....just how old are you? :p;):D:D

Jeff

lol, on Monday felt like I had been in the Light Brigade Charge, the mind tells you that you are still a lad, but the body doesn't lie:(. Then as you know I was blessed with my little Trooper Mark at 65 years old after trying for 15 years. They say practise makes perfect:rolleyes: so he is two now, so when he gets up aches or no aches I am still a young Trooper:D.
Bernard.

Attachments

• SL731276.JPG
    SL731276.JPG
    94.7 KB · Views: 139
Wow he certainly has grown fast Bernard.

Yeh Scott you dont see it happening. But the bad news is think he is going to end up in the Air Force like (trooper):( he is mad on planes. So looks like the Hussars have had it:mad:.
Bernard.

Yo Konrad, you think I was kidding OK Trooper take a look at this. First one getting ready for the fancy dress NOTE the Dowager dress:D Second proof of the Dowager hair:D was 49 at the time, had my hair like that until I was 63 years old:cool: As I said (happy days).
Bernard.

:D O.K. you got me Bernard. That sure is "the" Dowager Hair Style and, at least for me, most impressive at that age :eek: I have close to no hair since my mid-twenties :eek:
Now, just apologies won't do it, so I'll be reporting to stable duty early morning :D

Yeh Scott you dont see it happening. But the bad news is think he is going to end up in the Air Force like (trooper):( he is mad on planes. So looks like the Hussars have had it:mad:.
Bernard.

The boy is clean cut and bright eyed enough to be in the infantry, but not sure if the fellow in the poodle cut could get past a Recruiting Sgt...................:)

Hi Stadden fan ,
Well as you will guess im new to the forum.But i was very intrested in your photograph of the Queens Dowger , which was a fav of mine when i worked at Stadden Studions 78-91.
Stadden figures will be increasingly difficult to get hold off as Toye Kenning and Spencer have MOTH BALLED the Studios.
If theres any info i can help you with please dont hesitate.
As i say i was working at Staddens for 13 years where i started as a painter , finishing as Manager.I have to admit we prided our selves back then .Met the the Great man himself many times.He was a true gentleman.
I would be happy to provide any info.

Hi Stadden fan ,
Well as you will guess im new to the forum.But i was very intrested in your photograph of the Queens Dowger , which was a fav of mine when i worked at Stadden Studions 78-91.
Stadden figures will be increasingly difficult to get hold off as Toye Kenning and Spencer have MOTH BALLED the Studios.
If theres any info i can help you with please dont hesitate.
As i say i was working at Staddens for 13 years where i started as a painter , finishing as Manager.I have to admit we prided our selves back then .Met the the Great man himself many times.He was a true gentleman.
I would be happy to provide any info.

Hi Andy, welcome to the forum mate, you joining the forum to me is CHRISTMAS DAY:D. As regards info only got about a million questions lol. I have been slogging away for the last 12 months getting little bits of info here and there, some good info and most just hear say. Andy Stadden did give me some help at the start but there are so many gaps to fill in. It would be best if I emailed you with the questions. Did you look at my profile page, and the Chas Stadden album of models I have so far, you will enjoy the forum, some great guys on here, and not a bad lot of painters as well:rolleyes:. Just going for the old Bacon & Egg toastie, and then it s a blitz of questions coming your way:eek: lol.
Bernard.

Hi Andy,
I was happy to see your name on the forum, its been a long time mate. Working for stadden's was fantastic and what a great time we had there, shame they are no longer producing figures. I have sent you a private message, hope to hear from you soon.

Kev B

Hi Andy,
I was happy to see your name on the forum, its been a long time mate. Working for stadden's was fantastic and what a great time we had there, shame they are no longer producing figures. I have sent you a private message, hope to hear from you soon.

Kev B

Yo Trooper, welcome mate, its another Xmas Day for me:D lol. Sent you an email lets know if you get it OK.
Bernard.

Hi Bernard
I have replied to your message and have replied to Andy also, Thanks for the welcome.
Funny really ..... I was just messing about on the net when I thought of typing in Stadden Studios, glad I did mate as it has bought back some great memories.
I have a few figures in the cabinet (Drum horse) etc .... catalogues etc
I even have something rather special and probably very rare..........;)

Its great to see that there are proper collectors out there like yourself and would love to help with any info etc.

Kev

Users who are viewing this thread

Back