Steadfast (1 Viewer)

Flyboy

Private 1st Class
Hey there. I found some soldiers called Steadfast going through my Dads old collection. These figures look to be Rorke's drift 24th foot and artillery too. Is Steadfast still in business? Mike

Yes, STEADFAST is still operating, but under a different name.

I'm not sure when, but I'm sure some of the UK collectors will know, but its name is RP World Models and their website is current.

http://www.rpworldmodels.net/

There have shifted their location in Nottingham recently to Chelsea House, Chelsea Street, New Basford, Nottingham NG7 7HP

which is about 500m from their old home.

When I go to UK and stay with relatives just north of Nottingham, I always make sure I pay Bob Prati and the crew, a visit and rummage around the row on row of shelves loaded with painted figures and castings, many of which are Britains from pre 2000.

rummage.JPG
shelf.JPG

Currently Bob is producing Tradition of London figures, as well as Steadfast, so its great to see his production line in action.
bob.JPG

A local Aussie collector was there a couple of months back and came home with a load of castings, so its still in business.

Regards,

John

Yes, STEADFAST is still operating, but under a different name.

I'm not sure when, but I'm sure some of the UK collectors will know, but its name is RP World Models and their website is current.

http://www.rpworldmodels.net/

There have shifted their location in Nottingham recently to Chelsea House, Chelsea Street, New Basford, Nottingham NG7 7HP

which is about 500m from their old home.

When I go to UK and stay with relatives just north of Nottingham, I always make sure I pay Bob Prati and the crew, a visit and rummage around the row on row of shelves loaded with painted figures and castings, many of which are Britains from pre 2000.

View attachment 134627
View attachment 134628

Currently Bob is producing Tradition of London figures, as well as Steadfast, so its great to see his production line in action.
View attachment 134626

A local Aussie collector was there a couple of months back and came home with a load of castings, so its still in business.

Regards,

John

Wow. Talk about production. Thanks for the informative reply, Mike

Wow. Talk about production. Thanks for the informative reply, Mike

i have send 2 weeks ago messages to their e-mail adress but nobody returned and called today the London phone number in their web site.A nice lady openned and said she lost his husband 4 years ago and has been selling some stocks in her stocks left , but i could not found the one that i wanted. NEWBURY TOYS 22 The Drive*Chingford* London*E4 7AH*England +44 020-85296882

Last edited:
Mike,

I think Bob only just barely tolerates computors, as such, e-mail replies may be a bit hit and miss. As is the inventory on the RP website. They have shed loads more stuff than they have advertised. I think half the problem is that the place is usually in wonderful disorganised chaos. As Obee has said, it is fascinating to visit. Bob has always spent the time to go digging through piles of old molds to try and locate one and will then go an run castings off for you there and then. A great experience.

Cheers
Simon

Bob tells me he is having an open day on Sunday 1st December 2013, I think I will have to pay a visit{sm3}{sm3}{sm3}

Regards John

Bob tells me he is having an open day on Sunday 1st December 2013, I think I will have to pay a visit{sm3}{sm3}{sm3}

Regards John

To all of you here is my Steadfast 24th Regiment of foot! Or Thin Red Line!!! DSC01186 (1).JPGThe artillery limber etc behind is a subject for debate gentlemen. Give it a go, Mike

At first the bases of the artillery give you a Minot look but nothing marked on the bottom.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back