SYW032-SYW045 Russian Apsheronsky Musketeers Pre-Order! (2 Viewers)

Thanks for the closeups of the flags, that rely shows us the fine detailed painting that the artists have achieved on these military masterpieces.

John

Hi Gebs, your new set looks fantastic!!! like you mentrioned the detail just in the flag itself remarkable, I do not own any high end Russian custom made sets but I would have to think any company or individual sculptors would have a hard time beating the likes of this set, congrats on your new purchase and glad to see you posting some photos!!!!...Sammy

Hi Sammy,

Your absolutely right, I've seen Russian firms who don't even come close to this quality and are asking a lot more money as well. These are very very nice figures and I spent a good bit of time enjoying them last night and for me that's what the Hobby is all about. Enjoying your collections, hey and making some friends along the way with fellow TS enthusiasts and fellow History nuts. best Gebhard

Thanks for the closeups of the flags, that rely shows us the fine detailed painting that the artists have achieved on these military masterpieces.

John

Hi John,

My pleasure :salute::. regards Gebhard

At first I was somewhat taken back on the cost for these flag-bearers at $110 each....But on seeing these photos I must admit that they are superb..... I should be receiving mine soon this week.....Thank you Gebs for providing pictures:salute::....I can really see the detail.....These seem to be the best Flag-bearers that FL have ever released to date....That said I hope that future flag-bearer figures will not continue to much exceed $80.........These are very nice... but at $110 each.... OUCH! (painful to the wallet)

Last edited:
The cost difference may be due to these flags being painted by hand.

The cost difference may be due to these flags being painted by hand.

I guess so Brad....They look very nice in these photos but still I personally might trade off a little detail for a better more affordable price....Still I'm fairly sure that I will like these when I actually have them in hand and hope that I will observe an appreciable difference in quality compared to previous FL Flag-bearers which more reasonable in price....I am looking forward to FL releasing the Mass Battle Series for FL NAPS in order to continue to collect a good product that doesn't break the bank.

You really have to look at them as works of art,not toy soldiers.
Mark

You really have to look at them as works of art,not toy soldiers.
Mark

These flags do appear to be very artistically done I must admit.... but... still these are toy soldiers none the less.:wink2:....and I hope that $110 will not be the new norm for FL flag-bearers but rather the occasional and rare exception

Personally If given the choice I'd perfer to have the Standards hand painted, maybe going forward they could do two versions to accommodate collectors with differing taste.

Come to think of it maybe they could do three versions of the Standard bearers, one for the Mass Battle market as well. That way everyone would be happy :wink2:

No one has posted photos of other figures but here are three others I purchased. I always purchase drummers with standard bearers; they just go well together. The soldier aiming his rifle is particularly well done.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Gebs, what is that framed picture/photo behind the soldier??...Sammy

Hi Sammy,

That is a gift from some of the staff at the Bavarian Army Museum in Ingolstadt. It shows a uniform and Helm of a Bavarian infantryman from the Napoleonic times. regards Gebhard

Thanks Gebs. Somehow the figure on the extreme right didn't make the photo so I will take another photo and post later.

Brad

Thanks Gebs. Somehow the figure on the extreme right didn't make the photo so I will take another photo and post later.

Brad

Cool,
Your off to a better start then I am, I only picked up the two standard bearers so far but will be adding one or two more month until I have what I need.

Last edited:
Here are photos of the other figure I picked up.

image.jpegimage.jpeg

I imagine we will see a second release in a few months as First Legion includes battle casualties in their releases and there wasn't one in this release.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back