TCS Zulu War (1 Viewer)

Manila soldier

Corporal
Hi all,
only my second post - but as a big fan of TCS, something I have been wishing to ask other collectors as soon as I got on-line .......do you think that the small zulu war range (dating from 2009 if I remember correctly) will ever be resurrected? Im assuming not because there are still sets for sale which suggests limited demand. Seems a shame, as great quality pieces, and scale is 1/30 compared to the more 1/32 for Britains & Conte , with the scarlet jackets a different shade - so no obvious compatibility to work into a wider isandhlwana diorama.

The attached pic is about as good as I could get it. I like to think it gives a sense of the confusion and panic on that fateful day anyway........

DSC01942 (640x425).jpg

Not to be too "cheeky" on a Collector's Showcase thread. While the TCS figures are simply brilliant; it does not seem to be primary productline to them. If you have not invested too much in your TCS Zulu War collection; as a suggestion I would switch to wbritains AZW as they have the most comprehensive collection among the big matte producers (TCS, Conte and now Thomas Gun) hands down and has Ian Knight as their historical consultant. The only advantage I saw in the TCS Zulu collection was they have very dashing mounted troops when I was deciding who to follow for AZW figures. The other big advantage is AZW is one of wbritains key product lines albeit a little overshadowed this year by ACW. Once again I am not taking any shots at TCS as I own their products but for this line; I think are better choices elsewhere unless you own other TCS lines and want to have a consistent collection.

thanks for your thoughts Zulu collector.

agree with you. I bought all the Conte pieces which seemed to fit into a Rorkes drift diorama, and then started adding the Britains pieces pretty rapidly. Im currently putting together a full scale Rorkes drift....just need to purchase the hospital building. I think these 2 brands fit together pretty well, although I make a slight lightening of the Britains jackets in line with the contes shade . If I had known the Britains series would accelerate so rapidly I probably would have shaded the other way round ! 2 TG pieces I purchased also fit in ok.

Im still glad I purchased the TCS pieces as they are beautifully sculpted and just reconcile myself to the fact that they will form a stand alone mini Isandhlwana scene. If TCS do expand - then I'm in ! Big fan of TCS.

I found the Mounted Carbineers very nicely scluptor an posed Manila soldier along with the painting of them with the exception of the color of the uniforms that should have been a darker Blue and would have prefer them closer to the scale of Conte and WBritain. I do agree with the zulucollector that WB has provided the collector with nice selection of sets and figures as well as accessories to include their version of buildings of the Mission Station. As for Conte if you haven't seen what he's got headed our way or if you have I'm sure you'll agree he's got some great sets and figures headed our way..........The Lt.

I agree they are great quality figures, so dynamic ; I did a small diorama with them {sm3}

CIMG8655 (800x600).jpgCIMG8556 (800x600).jpgCIMG8554 (800x600).jpgCIMG8831 (800x600).jpg

Hi poppo,
Are you going to purchase the natal carbineers as well, or does the lack of growth of this range
put you off ?........the problem is there aren't enough Zulus to shoot at! The scale is too big for britains Zulus as well I think...

Best wishes

Got to disagree with you Manilasoldier as you'll see the Carbineers have more than enough Zulus to shoot at using the Britain Zulus they blend in an work very well with the WB Zulu figures as seen in the photos Conte Zulus to follow.........The Lt.
5003-2.jpg

5005-2.jpg

5004-1.jpg

5001.jpg

6014.jpg

Having posted photos of the Carbineer in my previous post along with my comments to your post Manilasoldiers here's the Conte Zulus that the Carbineers have to shoot at and like the Britain's work very well together as you'll see you'll have plenty of Zulus to shoot at by adding both the Conte Zulus and Britain's...........The Lt.

1002_crop.jpg

1004_crop.jpg

003_crop_crop.jpg

006-14.jpg

008-15.jpg

002_crop.jpg

004_crop.jpg

008_crop-1.jpg

013_crop.jpg

Hi poppo,
Are you going to purchase the natal carbineers as well, or does the lack of growth of this range
put you off ?........the problem is there aren't enough Zulus to shoot at! The scale is too big for britains Zulus as well I think...

Best wishes

Carabineers are very nice, I saw them in a TS shop, but i don' t need them as my little dio is balanced as it is i think....If you wish more zulus, the best is to take Comte or britains , like LT did as I think the serie is over for CS...:salute::

Hi Lt.
Yes they fit well I have to say, and a really good looking dio. Thanks for sharing.
I will definitely be experimenting with a little play time.
Where did you get the isandhlwana back-drop from?

I think the TCS 4 Zulus still shape up as quite big compared to britains and conte Zulus, but
wholesale deployment of conte and britains Zulus instead does solve the issue of insufficient targets.
Best wishes

Hi Lt.
Yes they fit well I have to say, and a really good looking dio. Thanks for sharing.
I will definitely be experimenting with a little play time.
Where did you get the isandhlwana back-drop from?

I think the TCS 4 Zulus still shape up as quite big compared to britains and conte Zulus, but
wholesale deployment of conte and britains Zulus instead does solve the issue of insufficient targets.
Best wishes

Size is one of the reasons I passed on the Zulus Manila as for the iSandhlwana back-drop it was gift from fellow member plasmapulse from Netherlands whose ben inactive for some time on the forum.
Returning your best wishes from my end.......The Lt.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back