Team Miniatures - Native Americans (Sioux) (1 Viewer)

zblang

1st Lieutenant
Here are some figures I just got in the mail from (what I believe is) a new manufacturer. These are from the Native American range from Team Miniatures. I saw a few samples in Chicago and am quite pleased with them. I list the prices paid here, not as a "look how cheap" or "look how expensive", but just as an FYI as it's a new company that you may not have seen.

Team%20Miniatures%20Indians%20img1-X2.jpg

Sioux Male Ghost Dancer Team Miniatures IDA6001 $43.00
Team%20Miniatures-IDA6001%20-%20Sioux%20Male%20Ghost%20Dancer-X2.jpg

Sioux Chief Team Miniatures IDA6005 $43.00
Sioux Woman and Child Team Miniatures IDA6008 $75.00
Team%20Miniatures-IDA6005%20and%206008%20-%20Sioux%20Chief%20and%20Woman%20and%20Child-X2.jpg

Sioux Scout on Horse Team Miniatures IDA6004 $89.00
Sioux Warrior on Horse Team Miniatures IDA6003 $89.00
Team%20Miniatures-IDA6004%20and%206003%20-%20Sioux%20Scout%20on%20Horse%20and%20Sioux%20Warrior%20on%20Horse-X2.jpg

Sioux Warrior with Spear Team Miniatures IDA6006 $43.00
Team%20Miniatures-IDA6006-Sioux%20Warrior%20with%20Spear-X2.jpg

They look great Zach. Thanks for sharing. How do they match up size wise with K&C Real West range please ?

Steve

I don't have any TRW, but here is a general comparison with some Am. Rev figures. Style, they are very similar to K&C. It seems that they are a touch slighter, but truly just a touch. I think they'd work but maybe someone else can post a true comparison with some TRW figures. Regarding the mounted figures, I personally think Washington's horse is a touch large scale wise, so in reality, they are closer in scale then this

x1-X2.jpg

x2-X2.jpg

Wow the look amazing all set up together.

I showed them in Chicago and people really seemed to enjoy them. There will be more Indians available in a about a month.

I don't have any TRW, but here is a general comparison with some Am. Rev figures. Style, they are very similar to K&C. It seems that they are a touch slighter, but truly just a touch. I think they'd work but maybe someone else can post a true comparison with some TRW figures. Regarding the mounted figures, I personally think Washington's horse is a touch large scale wise, so in reality, they are closer in scale then this

x1-X2.jpg

x2-X2.jpg

Thanks Zach. Yep they look close enough to work together.

Cheers
Steve

Thank you Mr. Lang. Great pics on your website (is that all your collection? all the Aeroart's we've ever wanted?!)

Thanks for the useful comparison. Very helpful. We try to order from Treefrog these days but super-deals & cool finds that they don't carry are always fair game...

Best wishes. Keep collecting! Please Look at the pics above & all collectors' photos! So many masterpieces!

Pat & Pat

Last edited:
They look very nice. Never heard of them.

Very similar to K&C in style and form. Wonder if an old K&C sculptor did them?

Thanks for photos and info. New Mfg. to me. Price seems reasonable. Wonder what other lines will be coming?

I have tried contacting these guys and they have not responded! Those figures were quite nice and I'd love to add them to our line-up.

Coming soon......

Julie

Thank you! I have heard back and am in the process of getting our first order prepared.

Julie

I have completed their online form 3 times in the couple of weeks and heard nothing...............................

Hope things work out for this new company. As collectors of Conte & East of India & Frontline & Trophy & Tommy Atkins & etc., we hope this new company can make it for a while & produce some fine things. Mongols & Plains Indians seem particularly cool.
We will order a Mongol or two when Treefrog gets them. Matt Murphy has some Indians now but we are still considering... the squaw painting the hunting scene is cool but we will get it from our favorite Treefrog if & when we decide. Not to cut out wargaming, cool-guy Matt - he's another great top-quality retailer to be sure.
So if you're still reading imagine this: we have Medallion Miniature's (hereafter MM) Russian Mounted Standard Bearer & an Aeroart Russian Patriarch, PLUS a MM Chinese Mntd. Stndrd. Bearer NEAR First Legion's fancy first Samurai Archer PLUS Aeroart's Mntd. Saracen with lance, First Legion's Khalil with his scribe & as many K&C Saracens as we want to fit in... these face a MM Mntd. MONGOL Stndrd. Bearer (skulls & all - nice) & Aeroart's Ghengiz Khan pointing his whip along with Thor's foot figures of the Chinese-style Mongol archer, the Mongol with a hawk on his arm and the earlier (2000-2010) archer and swordsman.

Do we not need some Mongols firing from the saddle?! We like the green-blue guy with the fuzzy hat but could be talked into more....

Anyway, happy collecting! Pat Sr & Pat Jr

Seems that Team Miniatures are indeed King and Country sculptors - or ex-sculptors I'd imagine.

I looked at these on their website about a year ago and thought they seemed ok, not more than not. Price is slightly better than K & C but not overwhelmingly so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back