Test shots? (1 Viewer)

Breizh44

Private 1st Class
Hello all,
a Russian member of my forum, Andrey, owner of a shop in Saint Petersbourg http://www.toysoldiers.spb.ru/toysoldiers/1stpage.htm sells two uncommon sets stamped "OWN FIGURES, Made in China, 2002" . He bought it from a Chinese seller with som metal, same style.
The two sets represent Boxer's Rebellion . 8 Japaneses 1900 soldiers and 8 Boxers.
Unknown on the web and never seen before, we think both it could be old Conte test shots(very similar attitudes to ACW, same plastic, same year...) or so the same sculptor. What do you think?
own-boxers.jpgown-ija.jpg

Excellent figures there. The Boxers resemble AIP in style more than the Japanese, which do look more like Conte figures. I went to their site and found these two sets. After using the Bing translator and a currency convertor, each set of six figures (test shots as you mention) came out around 108 dollars US. ****, that is a bit steep for me:) Did find some very interesting Russian medieval on there while I was snooping around. Also, some kind of spindly legged, but interesting, Greek warriors. Thanks for the link.

Last edited:
Always from my Russian friend Denitz:

"Another one unique set from mysterious Own Figures company.
Preproduction test-shots of never released sets ?
Small production run stopped by company's bancrupt ?
Anyway just few number of each set available in whole world.
WW2 China nationalists army of Chiang Kai-shek. Figures marked 2001 year on bottom."

Chineses soldiers from the 88th Division. Very good looking. What do you think?
own-chinanazi.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back